Cisco UCS & Cisco Nexus – Making M&Ms and VMs Awesome!
Based on the positive feedback I received from my Cisco UCS videos, I decided it was time to tackle a slightly more complicated set of topics. While it’s fairly easy to come up with a set of keywords that spell out C-I-S-C-O, sometimes it’s valuable to take off the training wheels and go a little broader. So in today’s video, we combine the simplicity of M&Ms with the complexity of VMs. How do we take technology that provides tremendous value to customers and explain it in a way that’s fun and easy to replicate? Well, let’s see what happens…
[NOTE: No M&Ms were harmed in the making of this video]
The video moved fairly quickly, so in case you missed anything, here’s a quick list of the concepts and technologies discussed:
- “VM stall” and “VM sprawl”
- VM Consolidation and Cisco UCS
- Network transparency for VMs and the Cisco Nexus 1000v
- Security transparency and policy for VMs and the Cisco Virtual Security Gateway (VSG)
- Flattening Data Center networks (L2) and Cisco FabricPath
- VM mobility using Cisco Data Center Interconnect (DCI), such Cisco OTV and LISP
For in-depth videos about how Cisco UCS works, check out these great UCS Advantage videos.