Cisco Innovator Award
Cisco Innovator Award is one of the most prestigious awards at Cisco. The innovation team led by me has won the Cisco Innovator Award. Would like to congratulate the team members: Samar Sharma, Rajendra Kumar Thirumurthi, Avni baveja, and Ashish Attarde.
Some of the key innovations of this team are ITD (Intelligent Traffic Director), RISE, Smart-Channel and Services Clustering.
After months consisting of 14-hour days in the war room, early field trials, prototyping fails/wins, and multiple customer sessions, the team created revolutionary new technologies. The simplicity and scalability of these technologies is saving our customers millions of dollars in capital and operating expenses.
In addition to brainstorming and stakeholder input, it was an all hands on deck approach for marketing. The team spent many months/days/hours getting the word out about their product. They went above and beyond, outside of their ‘normal’ day jobs, presenting at Cisco Live events, participating in hackathons, blogging, holding webinars, creating online videos, and demoing for customers.
There is always something next for this team. Prior to ITD, the team invented RISE and Services Clustering. One of the new innovations is Smart-Channel. The team is continuing to stay ambitious and creating a legacy of value for Cisco and our Customers.
The Benefit/Result for Cisco and the industry:
- $4 Billion Market disruptive technology: These technology innovations are disrupting today’s $4B market for load-balancers, security, analytics, video caching, and clustering solutions.
- The innovations have already created value of 100s of millions of dollars.
- Multiple patent pending ideas
- Winner of the Best of Interop, accolades from Information Week
Adoption/Outcomes with Customers:
- Order of magnitude cost-savings for customers
- Millions of ports and chassis in the field are eligible: The technology is getting very rapid market adoption because it is being deployed in existing networks, by a simple software upgrade.
- 200x Scale improvement: The high-end load-balancers today can handle about 100Gbps traffic; this innovation can load- balance 20Tbps traffic.
- Zero Latency: Our innovation performs load-balancing, application traffic selection and traffic steering simultaneously in one clock-cycle.
- 100s of customer testimonials
Would also like to thank all our supporters, angels and mentors: Venkat Krishnamurthy, Vipul Shah and Yogesh Ramdoss to name a few.
In the picture, from left to right: Avni Baveja, Ashish Attarde, Samar Sharma, Rajendra Kumar Thirumurthi.