It seems like Enterprise Connect 2019 was just yesterday. It’s hard to believe three months have passed since we launched our most powerful cloud calling solution yet, Cisco Webex Calling, to meet the demands of the mid-market businesses and large enterprises worldwide. The Webex Calling solution is being marketed by over 160 approved channel partners, which sell well over 60% of our on-premises calling volumes. Webex Calling is a proven enterprise-grade UCaaS solution, built on the same multi-tenant, cloud-native platform used by brand-name telcos to serve over 23 million users worldwide, with the scale, reliability and security that enterprises require.
Expanding Globally and Trusted Channel Partners
Since March, we have seen tremendous global momentum with the expansion of the Webex Calling service to 55 countries and by the end of the year we will be able to offer service in over 70 countries.
This launch enables Cisco’s enterprise customers to buy the service in their contract country with their local currency, and also provides localized dial plans, portals, and client languages so that supporting the service is frictionless— regardless of where their global headquarters sits.
We have over 160 approved service provider and VAR partners, 99 of which are actively selling the service around the globe. The Cisco enterprise channel partner network is experienced, proven, and trusted by enterprises and supports them with the highly trained personnel and robust infrastructures that is required to make the Webex Calling service a success. These channels offer the choice of bundled PSTN connectivity from Service Providers, or the option to use their in-place or preferred provider for local PSTN.
Enterprises are Migrating to the Cloud
Enterprises are starting to realize the benefits of the cloud and it is allowing them to reduce complexity so they can focus on the core competencies of their business. See Figure 1 The five key benefits realized are:
1. Increased agility – simplicity, scalability, flexibility, and speed of innovation
2. Staying current – secure and always up to date
3. Reduced TCO – lower CAPEX and optimize OPEX
4. Raise productivity – enhance mobility and team collaboration
5. Intelligence – integrated cognitive collaboration experiences
Webex Calling Success is Powered by the Webex Platform
Cisco Webex Calling is a great solution for mid-sized to large enterprises looking for a simple cloud transition. The consistency of experience and usability we are able to bring to Webex Calling is the direct result of the power of our unified Webex platform. Webex is the industry’s most trusted and secure global cloud platform with proven maturity and reliability. See Figure 2 – Cisco Webex Collaboration Cloud
Today the Webex platform serves 200 million users every month across the globe, with 125B meeting minutes, 15 billion calls, and 48 billion messages sent annually.
Enterprises are migrating to the Webex platform because it is the only platform that provides personalized collaboration
The Webex platform reduces friction by establishing easy information flow between collaboration and business processes by:
- Supporting the full collaboration suite that enterprises need— calling, meeting, messaging, and contact center
- Integrating cloud connected devices and software which allows for secure onboarding, deployment, and monitoring of devices across audio, video, headset and co-creation with a seamless integrated user experience
- Being open and intelligent, offering integrated workloads and open API’s to integrate with other applications such as Microsoft, Google, Salesforce, and many more
- Providing robust migration paths so mid-sized businesses and enterprises don’t have to shoulder the cost of a disruption as they migrate phone systems to the cloud
- Unifying and simplifying the user experience by enabling enterprise calling within the Webex Teams client, and making that user UX consistent, whether you are on an on-premise Cisco Unified communications manager (UCM), partner hosted Cisco calling solution, or on Webex Calling See Figure 3 – Enterprise calling in Webex Teams
- Continuously innovating on our platform as we add Cognitive Collaboration capabilities
Webex Calling in Use
There are multiple customers using Webex Calling across all industries, including retail, financial, real estate, and hospitality. Some of these are multi-national medium-sized and large enterprise customers that span multiple sites. For each of these customers, the ability to leverage multiple collaboration workloads across the Webex platform , along with the attach of video, audio and headset devices, have consolidated their communications from multiple point systems into one integrated suite, simplifying the day to day management of a core competency that enables them to run their business. Cisco’s collaboration partner community continues to win hearts and minds by migrating knowledge workers to the workplace of the future today. We will be highlighting these wins with our end customers over the next few months.
In summary, I am so excited that we are seeing traction of our cloud calling and collaboration.
THE THREE TAKEAWAYS
- Webex Calling is now an integral part of the enterprise grade Webex Platform portfolio
- Customers are now able to buy Webex Calling through some of our leading and most trusted enterprise partners around the world.
- Cisco Webex channels are experienced and global and ready to fulfill the global enterprise needs.
For more information on Cisco Webex Calling click here.