Enhancing the Secure Borderless Network Architecture through web reporting and data loss prevention
Cisco recently announced enhanced web reporting and data loss prevention (DLP) for e-mail, building on its Secure Borderless Network Architecture. These advancements in cloud protection underscore Cisco’s continued leadership in providing security solutions. Enterprises now require cloud-based collaboration and communications solutions allowing mobile workers the freedom to access vital data on demand from any device. But there is an added element of security risk associated with these new collaboration and communication demands, since a significant portion of network access will occur outside of the traditional corporate firewall.
Cisco has responded by introducing the continuously-available cloud-based Cisco IronPort™ Email Data Loss Prevention and Encryption and Cisco ScanSafe Web Intelligence Reporting. The services offer enterprises more flexibility for their security solutions, reducing management requirements, stabilizing costs, providing control over the network with better visibility and maintaining compliance with regulations.
Recent enhancements to Cisco’s cloud security offerings include:
1) Cisco ScanSafe Web Intelligence Reporting – WIRe is a business intelligence platform developed by ScanSafe (acquired by Cisco in 2009). WIRe helps enterprises understand how Web resources are used, focusing on ensuring that business-critical applications are not being affected by non-business-related traffic. WIRe delivers detailed user-level information, providing extensive information about Web communications activities.
– Web Intelligence Reporting (WIRe), a business intelligence platform from ScanSafe, revolutionizing the way web reporting is performed.
– Via this type of extensive reporting, enterprises have a high degree of confidence that corporate information is secure and malware and inappropriate content is been blocked.
– Provides granular bi-directional real-time visibility.
– No additional equipment required.
2) Cloud-based Cisco IronPort Email Data Loss Prevention and Encryption – Cisco’s cloud e-mail DLP solution utilizes the power of Cisco Cloud Security Services to help protect outbound e-mail in the cloud. This solution is designed for enterprises that require high levels of protection for sensitive data but choose not to self-manage the infrastructure.
– This solution enables enterprises to meet regulatory compliance and acceptable-use policy requirements with a comprehensive, accurate and simple-to-use solution.
– Cisco DLP provides in-motion data leakage protection against loss over the web and through email with policies that include content, context and destination knowledge
– Services to understand data loss risk and develop data leakage protection strategies that incorporate people, processes and technology
– Provides at-rest data protection by encrypting backup tapes and other storage devices.
– Provides data leakage protection from other avenues of risk, such as unauthorized physical or network access, malware and end-user actions.
For additional information, refer to the following link where Cisco Senior Manager Joel McFarland explains recent advances in cloud protection: