Earnings roundup: UCS a $.5 billion business and “taking share”
Although “air pockets” seem to characterize the commentary around Cisco’s FQ1 earnings announcement, it was smooth sailing for our data center business. In fact, growth for UCS and Nexus continued to experience jet powered acceleration. Consider the following comments that were made during the Q1FY11 Cisco Systems Earnings Conference Call:
- Data Center 59% Y/Y revenue growth; 56% Y/Y order growth (“we’re taking share in this new product category”).
- Nexus 120% Y/Y revenue growth; annualized revenue run rate of $1.5B.
- UCS 550% Y/Y revenue growth; annualized revenue run rate of nearly $500M.
- UCS customers growing from 900 in FQ3-10 to 1700 in FQ4-10 to 2800 in FQ1-11.
- 40 customers have ordered over $1M in UCS since inception.
- We are starting to see many of these systems now going into production rather than initial pilot systems.
- Over the next several quarters, you will start to see our first large UCS orders for major Data Center implementations.
- VCE Alliance: 62 enterprises with VCE orders/deployments.
Congrats to the DC team for another great quarter!