Cisco Again Makes IP NGNs Simpler, More Capable, Less Costly
Think greater capacity . . . simplified network operations . . . reduced costs . . . simplified transition to IPv6.
Cisco today announced major advancements to its ASR 9000 series of edge routers. These will dramatically increase capabilities at the network edge and make it simpler for service providers to architect the next generation of the Internet to be more visual, mobile and virtual.
- The New Cisco ASR 9000 system: Cisco is expanding the Cisco ASR 9000 Series with new routers and high-density 10G and 100G interfaces for the network edge, as well as a new router for the network aggregation layer. These will help deliver a single system to support new video, mobile and cloud services.
- Innovative Network Virtualization Technology: Cisco nV (network virtualization) technology intelligently blends the network edge, aggregation and access layers into a single Cisco ASR 9000 system to simplify operation, increase network capacity and accelerate IPv6 services.
- Superior Network Capacity: Enabled by Cisco nV technology, the new Cisco ASR 9000 system offers an industry-leading system capability of 96 terabits per second. A single Cisco ASR 9000 could, for example, stream recordings of all Super Bowls, World Cup and Cricket World Cup matches ever played in less than a second.
- Simplified Network Operations: The Cisco nV technology helps lower operating costs by up to 70 percent* (when compared with competing edge platforms), enabling return on investment in less than one year. (*ACG Research*). This capability is available to the more than 500 existing Cisco ASR 9000 customers with a simple upgrade.
- Simplify IPv6 and Cisco Videoscape Transition: Cisco Integrated Service Module (ISM) with Cisco nV technology provides a single touch point for carrier-grade IPv6 deployment across thousands of devices. Cisco Videoscape technology is supported with the Cisco Integrated Service Module for caching, streaming and monitoring to optimize and monetize the video experience.
Many of the world’s leading service providers — such as China Telecom, Tata Communications, Fastweb, NTT Plala and Cox Communications — are deploying the ASR 9000 family (See announcements made over the past few days), joining the more than 500 service provider customers of the ASR 9000 family.
- Visit the Cisco Service Provider Solutions portal.