As the Internet of Everything (IoE) continues to drive one of the most sweeping market transitions in history, organizations will need to be hyper-aware, predictive, and agile. And IT will demand an infrastructure that is flexible enough to keep pace with rapid change and fast innovation, as it responds dynamically to ever-rising threat levels. Above all, it must support business leaders looking to capture their share of the $19 trillion in IoE-related value at stake.
But a rethink on the traditional role of IT is critical. Today, IT cannot simply continue “keeping the lights on.” More than ever, IT must partner with the business as an orchestrator of services and a true leader in innovation. The new IT operating model for the IoE era is Fast IT. And it enables more efficient processes, better asset utilization, an increasingly productive employee base, and improved customer experiences.
Fast IT is the way forward for businesses looking to compete and thrive in the rapidly changing IoE economy. Is your organization ready for the transformation?
Here are a few questions to consider as you evaluate your organization’s readiness:
- How confident are you in your current network’s ability to propel your business into the future?
- What are your top three concerns about your network?
- What are the criteria you see as crucial for your organization to adopt a Fast IT model?
- How will next-gen networking affect your IT staff, role and influence?
Follow @JosephMBradley to learn more about the Internet of Everything and how companies must embrace Fast IT to fully maximize the value of the Internet of Everything for both themselves and their customers. Join the discussion by simply using hashtags #InnovateThink and #FutureOfIT on Twitter to join the conversation.
Learn more about the role of Fast IT in an Internet of Everything world:
- Read an Overview of Fast IT
- Watch Innovate at the Speed of Business: Fast IT
- View the Think Fast, Act Fast: The Importance of Fast IT infographic