With the frenzy that comes with new phone releases, the excitement that new app launches cause, and our increasing ability to establish connections with anyone virtually anywhere, it’s safe to say the Internet of Everything (IoE) is changing everything about our global network.
And while the Internet of Everything describes the connections that link people, places, process, data and things, the convergence of all of these elements is the source of its growth.
On their own, increased mobility, enhanced cloud and Fast IT are changing the business and IT landscape. A new model for IT that accounts for the convergence of these technologies is essential to accelerating the trajectory of the Internet of Everything to new heights.
has especially emerged as a key factor, with 25 billion devices estimated to be connected to the Internet by 2015. For this reason, tracking (and staying ahead of!) top mobility trends
remains a priority for every organization. Read More »
Tags: Cisco, CiscoCloud, cloud, Cloud Computing, Fast IT, Future of IT, future of mobility, Internet of Everything, internet of things, IoE, IoT, mobile, mobile cloud, mobility
It’s that time of year again! We’ll be celebrating 25 years of Cisco Live! in the our namesake city San Francisco this week in SOMA. Here’re the top 5 things for #Wireless folks to be on the lookout for:
1. World of Solutions: The WoS opens with a welcome reception at 5pm on Monday. We’re showing off our 802.11ac portfolio and latest location-based solutions in the World of Solutions. Look for us in the Enterprise Networks booth!
2. DevNet Zone: First of its kind Cisco-led developer conference in Moscone West during CiscoLive! SF. Swing by to find out about the latest Cisco API’s and SDK’s through hands-on learning labs and special developer-focused speaking sessions.
Highlight: 24 hour hackathon featuring the Mobility Services API.
Read this blog for more on why hackers, developers and designers should check out the DevNet Zone.
3. Mobility Focused Sessions. If you haven’t signed up already, make sure you check these out and add them to your list:
4. Keynotes: if you’ll be in San Francisco, you won’t want to miss the annual keynotes of Cisco Live!, including:
- John Chambers Keynote: Monday 3:30pm
- Rob Lloyd Keynote: Tuesday 10am
- Industry Keynote – IoT: Wednesday 10am
- Technology Trends Keynote -- Enterprise Solutions: Wednesday 4pm
5. Customer Appreciation Event: In celebration of Cisco’s customers and 25 years of Networkers and Cisco Live conferences we will be bringing the iconic Lenny Kravitz and Imagine Dragons to the stage. We would be nothing without our customers, so we’re super excited to share this experience with you--the event is Wednesday May 21 at 7:30pm.
See you there! We’ll be keeping updates on Twitter at @Cisco_Mobility.
Tags: #CLUS, #CLUS14, Cisco, developer, moscone, san francisco, sf, technology
Sarasota County Schools includes 24 Elementary Schools, 9 Middle Schools, 8 High Schools and various Technical and various Special Centers. It houses about 40,000 students in about 250 buildings. The Sarasota School IT Team believes in using the best-in-class technologies to provide the optimal connected experience for students, faculty, staff and guests.
This next generation pervasive WLAN network enables students to collaborate with each other anywhere on the campus and with the teachers in the classroom. In the previous blog, we described how Bowdoin and the Pinellas County have embraced the IOS based 5760 Series controllers. In this blog, we will cover more details about the recent upgrade of the Wireless LAN Controller from the previous model WiSM to the new model 5760 and describe highlights of our conversation with xx about the WLAN deployment itself.
Read More »
Tags: 11ac, 802.11ac, access, device, education, K-12, K12, LAN, laptop, management, mobile, mobility, network, policy, sarasota, school, school board, tablet, unified, unified access, wi-fi, wifi, wireless, wlan
Cisco Live! 2014 will take place in San Francisco from May 19 to 22. Cisco is no stranger when it comes to finding new and innovative ways to support green initiatives such as energy conservation, sustainability and the smarter use of fiscal and natural resources. In fact, it’s been a part of how we have been doing business for years.
In recent years, organizations such as the Environment Protection Agency (EPA) and Greenpeace have ranked Cisco on top amongst other major IT companies.
Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, Catalyst 2960-X, cisco live, Green, Green IT, midmarket
Cisco Sports & Entertainment is proud to be celebrating our seven-year anniversary this year as a specialized industry vertical business unit – and it’s simply incredible to look back and see how far we, and more importantly the industry, have come in such a short period of time. The key to success has been working with our customers in defining their needs and tailoring, or engineering, a few solutions while always keeping in mind the “fan trends” and business models. This infographic sums it up nicely – more than 200 venues, in more than 30 countries around the world flawlessly engaging hundreds of millions of fans, who were previously unconnected to the live action.
Read More »
Tags: Barclays Center, Cisco Sports & Entertainment, George Gervin, infographic, Internet of Everything, nba