Tablets and mobile devices are driving massive change in the IT world. We are seeing a few key shifts that need to be addressed:
The user to device ratio has changed, while IT resources stay the same:
- Early 1990s: Each user has one device on a wired connection.
- Late 1990s: Users have gone mobile with laptops and other local devices.
- Today: Employees require anytime, anywhere access with multiple devices per person.
IT is struggling to secure, manage and support employee-owned devices in the workplace, bringing it’s own set of challenges:
- Classifying managed vs. unmanaged endpoints.
- Ensuring proper identification and authentication of devices.
- Associate each user with the proper host.
It all comes down to this: when your employee brings an iPad into work, how can you centralize access and policy management, without adding IT resources?
Join our session to learn how the Cisco Identity Services Engine and Cisco Prime Network Control System offer the solution. Timothy Abbott, Senior Network Engineer, CCNA, CCNP will be on-site to present a case study from his experience at the San Antonio Water System.
We hope to see you Wednesday May 11th, 11:15am -- 12:00pm in the Mandalay Bay L conference room. Learn more.