New Unified Communications Features Add Power and, Flexibility to Cisco Personal Telepresence Systems
This week at InfoComm, we unveiled enhancements to the Cisco TelePresence EX Series as a result of a stronger alignment with the Cisco Unified Communications(UC) portfolio. We added a number of UC features, enhanced security, and enabled intelligent network functionality to create an even more flexible, powerful and reliable desktop telepresence solution for knowledge workers and executives. These enhancements are made possible through the TE 6.0 software update, which affect the EX60 and EX90endpoints,and will be available in late Q3CY12 to customers with existing service agreements.
With the expanded capabilities of TE 6.0, we believe the EX Series secures its place as the market-leading personal telepresence products and will enable users to experience superior video and voice collaboration with colleagues, partners and customers. The new software integrates the EX Series more closely with the Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) to enable high-value telephony and UC features, including the following:
- Voicemail –EX60 or EX90 users get message waiting indicators and retrieve voicemail using Cisco TelePresence Touch 8user touch panel.
- Conferencing – Users can easily conference in other voice or video calls.Using CUCM to manage ad-hoc conferences, customers can benefit from one unified, scalable conferencing solution for voice and video.
- Shared lines for greater mobility –Among other capabilities, shared lines enables you to pick up a call on your mobile device and seamlessly transfer it to the EX system.
- Remote expert enablement – We added a programmable help button and incorporatedCisco Computer Telephony Integrationfor the EX series, which will help users appropriately manage video calls within a call center environment.
- Jabber remote call control –ThroughJabber on PC and Mac, users can command their EX series endpoints to initiate, hold, resume, end and otherwise control calls
Additional enhancements to both TE 6.0 and the recently unveiled TC 6.0 for multipurpose telepresence room systems include call encryption on endpoints registered to CUCM, andMedianet-enabled mediatracing and metadata capabilities that deliver better performance and provide higher security. A number of improvements to the Touch 8 user interface also translate to a better user experience: the new Touch 8 has improved number dialing, enhanced graphics and updated layout controls that make frequently used features more accessible.
TE 6.0 for EX Series delivers an unprecedented collaboration experience by combining the ultimate personal telepresence experience with the ultimate UC platform. Only Cisco can do this and we can’t wait for you to test it out!Please share with us how you think it willchange the way you communicate.Tags: