Hello IP Surveillance Enthusiasts,
ISC West was held at Las Vegas between Apr 10-12, and we continued the engagements with our partners on Cisco Medianet Plugfest here. Plugfest was launched at ASIS Philadelphia in September 2012, and from then till now, we have been actively working on getting partners on-boarded into Cisco’s MSP Cisco Developer Network (CDN) program, evaluating the test results gathered during ASIS and making recommendations to partners on improving interoperability with the network.
At ISC West, we had the wonderful opportunity to touch base with many of our partners already in CDN, and the ones we are closely working with on the process.
These were the sessions/interactions we had on Plugfest at ISC West –
- Presentation Session at the General Partner Meeting – Here we had approximately 15 reseller partners, and we had a Plugfest Update slot here along with PSBU platform/product updates. The idea was to introduce Plugfest to these partners, and highlight why getting the IVT completed is important for 3rd party cameras.
- Presentation session on updates since ASIS to our technology partners – Here we covered the testing done, results, what worked and what did not, and our recommendations to qualified partners. Again, we really stressed the importance of getting into CDN to reap the benefits!
- Analyst Meeting with Security InfoWatch – Here we spoke about Plugfest status, how many partners are in, and subsequent plans
In addition, we had detailed individual meetings with our partners – Panasonic, Pelco, Flir, Hikvision, and the ones we are working very closely on to get them onto CDN – Tyco, Samsung and Everfocus.
There was good interest expressed by Arecont to join this program – so, lot of work to do with many partners on the MSP CDN program!
I believe partners now get this concept and its importance. We also received several good feedbacks this time – about executives in partner organizations stressing on the importance of having a strategic Cisco alliance, on how we can improve the CDN work flow, how MSP/Plugfest can be used as a live use case in subsequent events where a partner demonstrates this in their demo PODS and more.
Stay tuned for more updates in the coming month!
- Medianet Knowledge Base
- Medianet – Media Services Proxy (MSP) CDN Program
- Questions about medianet? Visit the: medianet support forum