We are excited to announce that ActionPacked! Networks successfully completed interoperability verification and testing of LiveAction for the MSI management CDN program. This makes them the first management partner to support the MSI’s REST-based management interface (v3.1). This support gives LiveAction the ability to monitor and troubleshoot issues on any MSI enabled endpoint. LiveAction supports both certificate-based and username/password based authentication to MSI-enabled endpoints.
LiveAction is also a Medianet Systems Management CDN partner supporting Medianet capabilities on the network elements. With their current enhancements to support the MSI management interface, LiveAction becomes one of the first products to support Medianet capabilities on endpoints as well as the network.
This successful IVT also underlines the fact that Medianet is based on open standards and was designed from the start to be an open, interoperable architecture.
A few additional highlights on LiveAction:
- LiveAction innovations include enhanced solution features for Cisco Medianet such as detecting network issues impairing the quality of video and voice applications, while measuring the impact of video, voice, and data applications in the network to make quantifiable business decisions regarding the network through complete Medianet 2.0 Performance Monitor, Mediatrace, and IP SLA Video Operation.
- LiveAction focuses on QoS management and building a highly interactive mental model of the network. Maps of devices create a visualization of the network, from the intricacies of a single physical device to multi-layer topological information on connections, traffic, and routes. Network elements and links using color cues and graphic images indicate status and alarms, helping users to quickly see network activity so they can confidently manage incidents.
- To download a free trial of LiveAction, go to: http://www.actionpacked.com/liveactiondownload
If you are an application or network management vendor and are interested in the MSI Management program, please visit: http://developer.cisco.com/web/msi.
- Medianet – MSI Management CDN Program
- Medianet – System Management CDN Program
- ActionPacked! Networks
- Medianet Knowledge Base
- Questions about medianet? Visit the: medianet support forum