5 Reasons for Midsize Businesses to Use Video Collaboration
I’ve been talking for a while now about how effective video collaboration is and how video technology can enhance and improve the way businesses collaborate. Many of you may still think that videoconferencing is only for the larger companies with multiple locations and large budgets to cover a video technology investment, but I disagree.
Here are five reasons that that I think midsize businesses should consider using video collaboration.
- Video Collaboration products are easy to use: At Cisco we design our video technology products to be intuitive and easy to use. This means the user interface in the smallest video endpoints works the same as the controls in the largest, so anyone can make a video call anytime they need to.
- Video is becoming the norm: Many organizations are realizing the benefits and ROI of using video collaboration to extend their business boundaries. Meeting with partners and customers around the world – just like they are around the corner – have enabled organizations to do business in ways they never thought possible before.
- Utilizing video can increase productivity and profits: Organizations can be everywhere with video collaboration. Video collaboration drives the ability to accelerate decision making, facilitate a mobile workforce, and increase partner and vendor engagement. The business benefits of video collaboration can positively impact an organization’s business processes and the bottom line – when video is integrated, productivity and cost savings can skyrocket.
- More options are available: There are so many options to utilize video collaboration. Here at Cisco, we are delivering products to support any location, from the browser to the boardroom, and everywhere in between. That means anyone within any organization can use intelligent video collaboration, whether on their mobile devices or desktop video systems or in conference room – all with a consistent high quality user experience.
- High quality but not a high price: We recently announced the Cisco SX10, which offers business-quality video priced to scale at roughly the cost of a PC. This all-in-one video codec is perfect for small to medium businesses that are looking for intelligent video collaboration solutions. Rowan Trollope, SVP of the Cisco Collaboration Technology Group, recently demonstrated setup of the SX10: from the box to a video call in less than 5 minutes. Don’t believe me? See for yourself.
Video plays a critical role in allowing flexible workspaces to connect increasingly distributed and mobile workforces. And allows people to connect, share, and collaborate no matter the size of their organization.
But a key consideration is making those experiences easy to use – more intelligent solutions that are intuitive, simple, and delightful; connected to people, places, and processes; and adaptive to any environment or format.
I think this could change the game for how small to medium sized businesses collaborate. I’m interested in your thoughts: How do you think video is changing the game?Tags: