As a Cloud Architect, I’ve had the privilege to work with CTOs and CIOs across the globe to uncover the key factors driving Business Continuity and Workload Mobility across their cloud infrastructures. We’ve worked with enterprises, large and small, and service providers to answer their top five concerns in our new Business Continuity and Workload Mobility solution for the Private Cloud.
1) Can you provide business continuity, workload mobility, and disaster recovery for my unique mix of applications, with lower infrastructure costs and less complexity for my operations teams? Yes.
2) Can you provide a multi-site design that reduces business outages and costly downtime, allowing my critical applications to be more secure and available? Yes.
3) Can my operations teams perform live migrations of applications across sites while maintaining user connections, security, and stateful services? Yes.
4) Does your multi-site solution allow me to utilize idle standby capacity during “normal” operations, and reclaim that capacity as needed during an outage event? Yes.
5) Can your Cisco Validated Design greatly reduce my deployment risks and simplify my design process, saving my business significant time, money, and resources? Yes.
A Proven Multi-site Design, Built on the Most Widely Deployed Cloud Infrastructure
We addressed each of these pain points as we designed, built, and validated our new multi-site business continuity and workload mobility solution. Our multi-site solution is built upon Cisco’s cloud foundation, the Virtual Multi-service Data Center (VMDC) that’s been deployed at hundreds of the world’s top enterprises and service providers. In our latest VMDC release, we’ve extended our cloud design to support multi-site topologies and critical use cases for private cloud customers. This validated design simply connects regional and long-distance data centers within your private cloud to address some critical IT functions, including:
- application business continuity across data center sites;
- stateful workload mobility across data center sites, will maintaining user connections and security;
- application disaster recovery and avoidance across data center sites; and
- application geo-clustering and load balancing across data center sites.
Choose the Cloud Infrastructure that Fits Your Unique Business Needs
The VMDC Business Continuity and Workload Mobility solution (CVD Design Guide) is grounded in the reality of today’s cloud environment, providing different design choices that match your applications needs. We realize there is no “one size fits all” cloud design, that’s why we support both physical and virtual resources, multiple hypervisors and storage choices, and security compliant designs with industry certifications like FISMA, PCI, and HIPPA.
Key Factors Driving Business Continuity and Workload Mobility in the Private Cloud
Read More »
Tags: Business Continuity and Availability, Cisco cloud, Cisco Data Center, Cisco Validated Design, Cloud Computing, cloud security, data center, Data Center Interconnect, disaster recovery, virtualization, Workload Migration, Workload Mobility