STOP PRESS: Here’s the recording of this Webinar for those folks who couldn’t attend! Very worthwhile for Cisco Partners! Click the link:
Cisco Manufacturing Mobile Video Collaboration Solution
The Just a quick reminder for Cisco Partners to attend the Cisco and Librestream Partner Webinar tomorrow (9th June 2011) at 8.00am Pacific. Find out about the exciting new solution that’s being adopted worldwide by customers like Boeing, GE and FIAT.
Remember how I told you I was really excited by this new Cisco and Librestream MMVC solution. Lots of information out on the web, and lots of questions so I thought I’d put a brief video together to give you an introduction and to see if we can get a discussion going and also to see if we can answer some of the questions for you. It addresses what really matters to many customers. What are the pain-points that manufacturers and industry have today? How do they get hold of the right people to fix things if something goes wrong, and how can they say ‘I see what you mean now’ — and really mean it? My original blog gave lots of information.
If you are a Cisco Partner and interested in building a manufacturing industry practice, this webinar is for you!
Register here: Cisco Manufacturing Mobile Video Collaboration Solution. Remember, it’s just one hour starting at 8.00 am Pacific, 12.00pm Eastern -- lots of opportunity to ask questions! Read More »
Tags: Boeing, Borderless Networks, channels, Chrysler, Cisco, collaboration, Factory, FIAT, ge, general electric, globalization, Industry, innovation, Manufacturing, mobility, operations, opprtunity, partner, plant, productivity, R&D, Research and Development, security, tandberg, TelePresence, unified communications, video, wireless
As organizations look to improve operations through centralized control, they often need to take into account what would happen if an area of the network fails. In many cases, having a centralized controller-based wireless architecture in organizations with multiple branch offices has prompted the question, “What happens if the WAN is slow, or even worse, goes down?”
Many organizations have been reluctant to implement a centralized wireless controller located in the data center or private cloud due to this concern. Without centralized control, these organizations have two deployment strategies available to them:
- Implement wireless controllers at each branch site. This approach is perfectly fine for an organization with many Access Points per branch, or those that require high throughput for applications such as Video. However, many branches only require a few Access Points per location or require simple applications such as bar-code scanning and printing. For these organizations, local controllers become less cost effective, with the capital expense becoming prohibitive.
- Implement access points running in autonomous mode. This approach eliminates the benefits of having any kind of centralized control such as the ability to centrally configure wireless policy and security setting on access points, WIPS capabilities and advanced mobility services like CleanAir, leaving the branch vulnerable and opening the corporate network to attacks.
Read More »
Tags: access point, AP, WAN, wi-fi, wifi, wireless, wireless controller, wlan
One of many overlooked areas where manufacturers are finding real productifity and efficiency gains is in the Warehouse. Sure, Supply Chain Agility is key to the global recovery, but some companies are still not using the best technologies to address their business imperatives.
Cisco has most the best wireless LAN technologies available -- market gains and customer adoption shows that. But then I would say that wouldn’t I? Remember we do have the best people in Cisco in my view -- check out my last blog on Wireless Innovation to prove it.
But we don’t try to do absolutely everything ourselves. We recognize that there are other companies out there that have the same customer-centric focus that Cisco has.
Intermec is one of those companies. Cisco has been working with Intermec for years. We have joint RFID and Barcode based solutions and many of the Intermec devices are certified as Cisco Compatible interoperability tested. I recently met up with Dan Albaum, Intermec’s Senior Director of Marketing. Dan told me that the technology continues to evolve and told me about the events Intermec had set up to spread the word.
Intermec have recently announced a refreshed product lin and is running events in various cities, some events for Intermec partners to understand the value propositions for their customers, and some aimed at customers and prospects showing how the Cisco Wireless LAN compatible devices and end points can address their business care-abouts.
San Francisco, CA: 8th June - Partners: Register here; 9th June -- Customers: Register here.
Plano, TX: 13th June -- Partners: Register here; 14th June -- Customers: Register here.
Toronto, ON: 15th June -- Partners: Register here; 16th June -- Customers: Register here.
Houston, TX: 16th June -- Partners: Register here; 17th June -- Customers: Register here.
There’s also a great opportunity for Cisco resellers to learn about how Intermec and the Cisco and Intermec Mobile warehouse Solution can help them build their Manufacturing Industry practice on 23rd June (more info on registering for that webex event here).
Read More »
Tags: barcode, Cisco CleanAir technology, Cisco Unified Wireless Network, clean air, cleanair, ClientLink, innovation, intermec, LAN, management, mse, rfid, supply chain, videolink, videostream, Warehouse, wcs, wireless, wireless network, wlan, WNBU
What’s the coolest technology you wish someone would invent for a Data Center?
As the more entrepreneurial among us are likely already aware, it’s National Inventors Month in the United States. In light of that – and the video below discussing how Data Centers themselves foster innovation – I thought it would be interesting to make a Data Center wish list. Just in case a fledgling Thomas Edison out there is looking for something to work on.
The Data Center technologies I want:
Read More »
Tags: cabling, cfd, coc-data-center, data center, datacenterdeconstructed, thermal runaway, wireless
Let me tell you about a great opportunity if you’re an executive or professional in the Manufacturing or Industrial sector. Cisco is hosting a special ‘Industrial Intelligence Day’ on the 12th July 2011 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas held in conjunction with Cisco Live.
The event is especially tailored to bring together manufacturing, controls, operations and IT executives and professionals. The theme of the day is ‘Industrial Intelligence’, and will cover the subject of converging industrial automation systems based upon standard IP networks with business applications including voice and video to more responsively and cost-effectively manage industrial operations globally.
The day is packed with information, training, and industry best practices and is sure to be one of the smartest investments you can make in your career—and one of the smartest investments your employer can make in you.
By attending Cisco Industrial Intelligence at Cisco Live, you can:
- Learn how Industrial Intelligence brings production closer to IT and converges industrial automation networks with business systems to improve the efficiency, safety, agility, and utilization of your production assets.
- Receive training in architectures specific to industrial automation from Cisco and alliance partner Rockwell Automation including wireless and wired technology advancements, availability, security, sustainability and energy management.
- Engage Industrial Intelligence and IT Networking thought leaders from our partners and the industrial analyst community via a live panel discussion plus join a community of manufacturing executives and IT and Control professionals deploying and operating Industrial applications and networks.
- Experience and see “hands-on” demonstrations of Industrial Intelligence solutions and technology and interact with experts at the World of Solutions Expo at the largest Cisco user conference, Cisco Live.
Register by June 12th to receive the $100 off Early Bird offer. Click here to register.
Read More »
Tags: aeroscout, automation, Borderless Networks, Cisco, cisco live, ciscolive, collaboration, Common Industrial Protocol, Energy Management, industrial, Industrial Automation, Industrial Intelligence, industrial networking, industrial wireless, innovation, librestream, Manufacturing, mobility, Panduit, partner, Rockwell, security, video, virtualization, wireless