It is but just a year since Cisco announced its acquisition of Insieme Networks and the Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) approach for Data Center SDN deployments. The promise was to bring a simpler, highly automated and secure data center taking a policy-driven approach.
Now, with more than double the number of APIC customers, over 900 Nexus 9000 Customers, and nearly 35 Ecosystem Partners, this promise is fast becoming a reality. Nothing can be more real than customers willing to speak of their deployments and of the benefits they are beginning to derive in a tangible manner, or of ecosystem partners willing to integrate into an open architecture and indulge in joint go-to-market activities.
Today we’d like to invite you to a set of special webcasts where you can hear the perspectives of different organizations on how Application Centric Infrastructure transforms IT
1. December 9th at 8:00 AM PT, listen to the session titled “Deutsche Bank and Cisco to Host a Conference Call on Application Centric Infrastructure” with Soni Jiandani, SVP, Marketing, Insieme Business Unit at Cisco. Cisco will be joined by three customers representing E-Trade, QBranch and the University of Qatar during this conference call.
2. December 10, 2014, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. PST: Click here to register to attend the live webcast: “Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) Live Broadcast” with early adopter ACI customers. An online chat with ACI experts will be available for viewers.
3. January 13th2015, register for the interactive webcast “Is Your Data Center Ready for the Application Economy? Discover the Power of Application Centric Infrastructure”. Join Cisco customers from all over the world sharing the benefits they’re deriving from embracing the Cisco Nexus portfolio as well as the ACI architecture. CIOs, CTOs, Top IT practictioners and Networking Architects all get together to talk about ACI in their IT environment.
You’ll also hear from ACI Ecosystem Partners and how their solutions integrate to help customize and extend ACI deployments leveraging the open architecture, and how joint customers are benefiting from multi-vendor innovation.
Tags: ACI, SDN, webcast
In the past few weeks, I’ve received two replacement credit cards. And, no, this does not indicate I’ve done too much shopping! It means that hackers are continuing to target retailers and the bank decided I needed to be protected by new credit card numbers.
I’m Carol Ferrara-Zarb, and as the leader of Cisco’s Security Solutions team, I’m joining the Cisco Retail blog today to talk to you about security and compliance in the store. While consumers certainly worry about security, the concerns of retailers are magnified because you are among the highest-profile targets right now for professional hacker attacks. Store owners and operators are just about lying awake at night wondering who is going to be next.
At the same time, change is continuing on the security front, particularly in the area of PCI compliance. At the end of this calendar year, the new 3.0 version of the PCI DSS mandate will come into force. Are you ready for the new requirements?
If you’re a Cisco customer, you very well may be. Join us on July 23 for a free, one-hour webcast called, “Straight Talk about Reducing Complexity and Maintaining Compliance in Retail.” Cisco Security Architect Christian Janoff, who sits on the PCI Security Standards Council Board of Advisors, and Aaron Reynolds, PCI Managing Principal for Cisco partner Verizon, will lead a candid discussion on retail security. The session covers:
- The changes in the PCI DSS 3.0 mandate and their impact on your retail business
- How to satisfy three standards—PCI, SOX, and HIPAA—by configuring one control
- Implementing the latest, simplified strategies for PCI scope reduction, and how they can be superior to traditional methods for many retailers
You’ll come away with an overview of today’s threat landscape, and we’ll put it all into perspective to support your continued pursuit of compliance and retail success. Registrants will also receive the Simplifying Compliance Answer Kit, a set of documents and tools to help you understand compliance better.
The webcast takes place on July 23 at 10:00 am PT/1:00 pm ET. Please register today! Be sure to bring your questions to take part in the discussion.
We’ll see you there!
Tags: Carol Ferrara-Zarb, compliance, credit card, customer, data, HIPAA, information, pci, retail, security, shopper, sox, standard, threat, webcast
For many manufacturers, understanding how industry trends impact their business and learning about peer best practices are top priorities. Once current area of focus — tapping into the transformational value of the Internet of Things (IoT) on manufacturing — is top of mind for best-in-class companies.
A vision of IoT and its impact on manufacturing business performance are introduced in the video below.
So what is the opportunity for IoT in YOUR manufacturing environment? To help you answer this question and more, Cisco is co-hosting a series of webcasts in conjunction with Mfg.net that are designed to educate and equip executives from production operations, IT, controls and automation on implementing and optimizing IoT for manufacturing.
Don’t miss the opening webcast on June 3rd, when executives from Rockwell Automation, Steelcase and Cisco join Mfg.net editor Joel Hans in what is sure to be an insightful and lively discussion on what is the opportunity, why it’s important and where to get started.
Please register at this link now. We look forward to your joining, and thanks for taking time to read this brief announcement!
Tags: Cisco, internet of things, IoT, Manufacturing, Rockwell Automation, webcast
The use of hybrid cloud or Intercloud technology is growing increasingly popular. A recent study supports that IT managers want a mix of public and private cloud in their enterprises. In fact, 60% of the 400 enterprises surveyed see the hybrid cloud model as the way to go.
And for good reason: The same secure, open and flexible solutions that can be found within your private data center can be implemented with a hybrid cloud set-up, providing the best of both worlds: private cloud control and flexible public clouds. And when the need arises to expand your data center, creating an Intercloud to extend your own data center and cloud capacity when you need it is an excellent option for any business of any size.
Next week, we invite you to join our informative cloud webcast: Cisco Solutions for Open and Secure Intercloud Workload Migration. You’ll gain insight as to how your organization will benefit from an Intercloud approach. The conversation will be focused on how your business can:
- Extend your company’s capabilities, store more data and increase resources as you need them. Data centers cost to both build and operate, and InterCloud makes the public cloud an extension of your cloud.
- Maintain your sense of security by applying your same quality of service restrictions and policies to your hybrid cloud. You may be “renting” the capacity, but for all intended purposes, you own it.
- Keep your current cloud provider of choice and even link to more than one if you choose. The same traits are replicated in each instance of your data center.
When Cisco’s Global Intercloud was introduced, it completely changed the direction of how we utilized the hybrid cloud. It also showed us the need that CIOs across the globe had for a customizable, secure and high-performance data center expansion solution. And now is your chance to see why we’ve answered with Intercloud.
Registration is open, mark your calendar and join us for this webcast (available on demand):
Cisco Solutions for Open and Secure Intercloud Workload Migration. Join our webcast to learn how the Cisco InterCloud solution helps ensure the same network security, quality of service (QoS), and access control policies previously enforced in the data center are implemented in the public cloud. Available on demand.
Cisco Solutions for Open and Secure Intercloud Workload Migration
Wednesday, May 14
9:00 a.m. Pacific Time / 12:00 pm Eastern Time
Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, Cisco, cisco intercloud, CiscoCloud, cloud, Cloud Computing, Fabio Gori, Gartner, Hybrid Cloud, InterCloud, Rackspace, rob lloyd, webcast
Cisco has been playing a critical part for retail, healthcare, hospitality and transportation organizations to gain an understanding of how end-users move throughout an organization’s physical location. This is done through our Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences (CMX) solution.
With all the valuable information CMX provides, the demand for even more accurate data has been growing. Location accuracy has been a hot developing field and, as I mentioned in announcing our Best of Interop Finalist status in the wireless category last week, Cisco’s taken the lead in redefining how this location-based data is acquired.
In the past many solutions have relied on the probing performed by the mobile device to acquire location-based data. In recent months this approach has shown diminishing returns. The underlying issue is that this data is reliant on how frequently the mobile device probes an access point. A couple issues that arise include:
- Mobile device manufacturers are reducing the frequency of device probing to conserve battery. This reduces the number of data points collected and impacts the accuracy of the data
- Different manufacturers probe the access point with varying frequency so some devices deliver more accurate information than others skewing the location analytics data.
At Cisco’s annual Partner Summit event we are revealing some key areas of focus for the upcoming Cisco v8.0 release. Although the list is not inclusive of all new functionality, I would like to highlight some steps we are taking to bring CMX to meet the ever-evolving demand for location-based data.
Step 1: Increasing Data Resolution Read More »
Tags: accuracy, accurate, activity, analytic, API, App, application, battery, Cisco, ciscops14, connect, data, data packet, data point, Development, device, ecosystem, end point, End User, environment, event, frequency, in-house, interop, location, location-based, luncheon, mobile, mobile app, mobility, network, organization, partner, probe, probing, product, rssi, Scalability, scale, sdk, software, solution, tech, technology, user, webcast, wi-fi, wifi, wireless