For Day 2 we spent more time on stage than in front of the camera but we continued to dig up some very interesting stories, updates and another announcement!
Go here for the Day 1 recap and collection of great (IMHO) video.
Right off the bat – The NetFlow Next Generation Appliance
Jimmy Ray jumped at the chance to talk to Damien Lim about the new NetFlow Generation Appliance. Watch it here then meet scroll on down or make the jump for more videos and links to the details!
Read More »
Tags: Energywise, interop, netflow, nexus, Nexus 1000v, TechWiseTV, UPOE, VM-FEX
Today Cisco announced an expanded portfolio of third generation UCS Networking products that improve Datacenter scalability, performance and agility with industry leading capabilities. The announcement includes the following new products:
1. A new Fabric Interconnect (Cisco UCS 6296UP) that doubles the switching capacity of the data center fabric to improve workload density (from 960Gbps to 1.92 Tbps), reduces end-to-end latency by 40 percent to improve application performance and provides flexible unified ports to improve infrastructure agility and transition to a fully converged fabric
2. A new Chassis I/O Module (Cisco UCS 2204XP) that offers enhanced resiliency and utilization with Port Channeling, and an option for 80 Gbps, in addition to 160 Gbps, down to each chassis (from 80Gb to 320Gb to the blade) to handle workload bursts
Read More »
Tags: Central Switch, Cisco Virtual Interface Card, Fabric Extender, Fabric Interconnect, IO module, network adapter, virtual adapter, VM-FEX
Our latest TechWiseTV episode is all about the recent announcements rolling out from the Data Center team. We did our best to cram a few handpicked things we liked and give you the detail we thought it deserved. The theme, and the show title: Evolutionary Fabric, Revolutionary Scale.
The announcements include the most scalable 10 Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2/Layer 3 Fabric in the industry. The claim is that no matter how diverse your data center demands may be, Cisco offers unparalleled abilities to arm you with efficiency, agility, innovation and differentiation. So no matter your form factor, physical, virtual or cloud- based environments are all positively impacted with an industry leading fabric-based approach.
Filled with geeky goodness….look at what you will find!
- 2nd gen Nexus 7000 with revolutionary new scale
- FabricPath, Adapter FEX, and VM FEX support on Nexus 5500
- New FEX switch and B22 OEM program
- Expansions to Nexus 3000 family
- IN YOUR FACE COMPETITIVE! Don’t miss the final segment of the show…Jimmy Ray calls out HP, Juniper, Arista….”I showed you mine, now show me yours!”
Watch the entire thing after the jump.
Tags: 2000, 5000, 5500, 7000, 7009, adapter fex, arista, b22, blade, cloud, data center, DC, extender, f2, fabric, Fabric Path, fabric2, FabricPath, fex, HP, nexus, NX-OS, nxos, scale, techwisetc, VM-FEX
VMworld Europe is just around the corner and the final preparations are being completed. The Bella Center, in beautiful Copenhagen Denmark, is undergoing a cloudy transformation that will tickle the technical fancy of geeks and provide answers and directions for the business minded. The cloud has come to the Bella Center and it has a Cisco lining.
Cloud is changing the way we do IT and Cisco is leading the charge. We have the products, innovation and partnerships to help you on your journey to the cloud. Cisco can help you own the cloud. Stop by our booth in the Bella Center to hear about some of these great Cisco solutions:
- Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud: Cisco powered orchestration and automation tools, which are key component to a successful cloud initiative. We will demo the software in action as it powers the internal Cisco private cloud CITEIS (Cisco IT Elastic Infrastructure Services).
- Cisco Nexus 1000v: Cisco’s award winning virtualized switch providing networking and security solutions for the data center. Learn how the Nexus 1000v compliments VMware vCloud Director and delivers highly secure, multitenant data center networks
Read More »
Tags: CIAC, intelligent automation, Nexus 1000v, OTV, UCS, unified computing, vdi, VM-FEX, VMworld Europe, vxi, Workload Mobility
Today, we announced we will be delivering VM networking support for Hyper-V in Microsoft’s forthcoming Windows 8. Specifically, we are working with Microsoft to deliver integrated support for the Nexus 1000V and VM-FEX technology in their next generation server platform, thus extending the benefits customers have seen from both these technologies to another server/hypervisor environment. For more info, check out the announcement and this brief and this Q&A.
With this latest announcement, we offer (or will offer) Nexus 1000V functionality for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V as well as VM-FEX support for those two hypervisors and RedHat Enterprise Virtualization. For folks building out virtualization architectures and cloud environments, we think this is a key benefit, since it maintains their choice and flexibility and allows them to build out hyper-visor agnostic infrastructure that delivers consistent features and functionality.
So, that’s about it for now. Stay tuned to this space and we’ll keep you apprised as things progress.
Tags: data center, Data Center Business Advantage, Hyper-V, Nexus 1000v, virtualization, VM-FEX