On October 25 at 9:00 am PST/ 12:00 pm EST , join a very special webcast “Evolutionary Fabric. Revolutionary Scale “ with customers, analysts and Cisco executives and experts for conversations about the benefits of Cisco Unified Fabric .
I asked the other day our favorite bloggers Omar Sultan, Brian Gracely and Shashi Kiran to tell me why they think this webcast is important for our customers
“There is a lot going on in the data center these days – There is a continue expansion of virtualization , we see broader adoption of cloud and we see emerging trends, big data being the newest and trendiest of the hot data center topics – So there are folks out there who will tell you, you know what each of these needs special equipment, they have unique requirements , your regular infrastructure will not be able to handle these requirements So what we do believe is that each of these requirements, big data, cloud have their own specific needs , we truly don’t believe that you need purpose built hardware , at least if your infrastructure is built the right way “ Omar Sultan
So this webcast is really about learning how Cisco’s fabric-based approach delivers architectural flexibility across physical, virtual and cloud environments for any application.
For Brian Gracely the equation is simple to remember : Cisco Unified FABRIC is Fast, Agile, Best of breed, Resiliant, Innovative, Cisco-based
Read More »
Tags: Big Data, Cisco, cloud, data center, David Yen, High-Frequency Trading, john mccool, nexus, scale, Soni Jiandani, Unified Fabric, virtualization, web 2.0
Today, there is lots of buzz around the big news from Cisco and our ecosystem partners with the launch of next generation VXI validated solutions. If you missed our launch event, you can still get all the details online via our community.
Cisco Virtualization Experience Infrastructure (VXI) delivers desktop virtualization with secure access to data, voice, and video for fixed and mobile devices.
Pretty cool but, why is virtualization important for government agencies?
- cost control, more than ever government agencies are focused on strategies to improve operational efficiency and reduce costs
- flexibilty, allow government workers ability to work in different workplaces, from city hall to public works, with choices of different combinations of virtual desktops, voice, and video devices including latest smartphones, tablets, and Cisco Virtualization Experience Clients (VXC)
- security, better security and control of information in the data center rather than distributed endpoints and with the “bring your own device” (BYOD) to work phenomenon, security is more critical than ever
- uncompromised, helping government agencies achieve mission objectives without compromising cost or resilience mandates
See more details below. Read More »
Tags: Borderless Networks, Cisco Validated Designs, collaboration, cost control, CVD, data center, desktop virtualization, desktop virtualization infrastructure, endpoints, government challenges, software appliance, thin client, thin clients, vdi, video, virtualization, virtualization experience infrastructure, Voice, vxi, waas, WAN, wide area network
It’s an exciting day at Cisco because today the company unveiled the next phase of its Virtualization Experience Infrastructure with host of innovations that are bringing the new virtual workspace to life.
What does this virtual workspace look like?
- First of all, it’s all about the experience: giving end users a way to actually enjoy exceptional voice and video collaboration in a virtualized desktop environment.
- It’s about simplicity: how can we help IT support a data center infrastructure that can host ever-increasing numbers of virtual desktops with simplicity, scalability, security.
- And, it’s about giving IT the tools they need to deploy with confidence: providing customers with innovative ways to speed large scale deployments.
To find out what we are doing in each one of these areas, take a moment to watch this video featuring Roberto De La Mora, senior director, Collaboration Solutions Marketing, Cisco.
You can also learn more by reading the press release or visiting the Virtual Launch Experience, where you can see demonstrations of newly announced products, ask Cisco product experts questions about our latest introductions, or attend an in-depth technical briefing.
Read More »
Tags: desktop virtualization, thin client, virtual workplace, virtualization, vxi
Cisco Virtualization Experience Infrastructure (VXI) includes Cisco Collaboration, Borderless Networks and Data Center solutions for true end-to-end virtualization. Join us today for our discussion with Cisco product manager Eric Wolff on the role of the network in Cisco’s desktop virtualization solution.
Read More »
Tags: Borderless Networks, Cisco, desktop virtualization, thin client, virtualization, vxi
Cisco’s desktop virtualization solution, the Cisco Virtualization Experience Infrastructure (VXI), provides secure anytime, anywhere access to hosted desktops for a large and mobile workforce. In the video below, Cisco’s Senior Director of Product Management, PJ Barber, shares how the Cisco Virtualization Experience Client (VXC) fits into that solution, why it is important to customers and what customers are asking for.
Read More »
Tags: Cisco, desktop virtualization, thin client, virtualization, vxi