Today, there is lots of buzz around the big news from Cisco and our ecosystem partners with the launch of next generation VXI validated solutions. If you missed our launch event, you can still get all the details online via our community.
Cisco Virtualization Experience Infrastructure (VXI) delivers desktop virtualization with secure access to data, voice, and video for fixed and mobile devices.
Pretty cool but, why is virtualization important for government agencies?
- cost control, more than ever government agencies are focused on strategies to improve operational efficiency and reduce costs
- flexibilty, allow government workers ability to work in different workplaces, from city hall to public works, with choices of different combinations of virtual desktops, voice, and video devices including latest smartphones, tablets, and Cisco Virtualization Experience Clients (VXC)
- security, better security and control of information in the data center rather than distributed endpoints and with the “bring your own device” (BYOD) to work phenomenon, security is more critical than ever
- uncompromised, helping government agencies achieve mission objectives without compromising cost or resilience mandates
See more details below. Read More »
Tags: Borderless Networks, Cisco Validated Designs, collaboration, cost control, CVD, data center, desktop virtualization, desktop virtualization infrastructure, endpoints, government challenges, software appliance, thin client, thin clients, vdi, video, virtualization, virtualization experience infrastructure, Voice, vxi, waas, WAN, wide area network
It’s an exciting day at Cisco because today the company unveiled the next phase of its Virtualization Experience Infrastructure with host of innovations that are bringing the new virtual workspace to life.
What does this virtual workspace look like?
- First of all, it’s all about the experience: giving end users a way to actually enjoy exceptional voice and video collaboration in a virtualized desktop environment.
- It’s about simplicity: how can we help IT support a data center infrastructure that can host ever-increasing numbers of virtual desktops with simplicity, scalability, security.
- And, it’s about giving IT the tools they need to deploy with confidence: providing customers with innovative ways to speed large scale deployments.
To find out what we are doing in each one of these areas, take a moment to watch this video featuring Roberto De La Mora, senior director, Collaboration Solutions Marketing, Cisco.
You can also learn more by reading the press release or visiting the Virtual Launch Experience, where you can see demonstrations of newly announced products, ask Cisco product experts questions about our latest introductions, or attend an in-depth technical briefing.
Read More »
Tags: desktop virtualization, thin client, virtual workplace, virtualization, vxi
Cisco Virtualization Experience Infrastructure (VXI) includes Cisco Collaboration, Borderless Networks and Data Center solutions for true end-to-end virtualization. Join us today for our discussion with Cisco product manager Eric Wolff on the role of the network in Cisco’s desktop virtualization solution.
Read More »
Tags: Borderless Networks, Cisco, desktop virtualization, thin client, virtualization, vxi
Cisco’s desktop virtualization solution, the Cisco Virtualization Experience Infrastructure (VXI), provides secure anytime, anywhere access to hosted desktops for a large and mobile workforce. In the video below, Cisco’s Senior Director of Product Management, PJ Barber, shares how the Cisco Virtualization Experience Client (VXC) fits into that solution, why it is important to customers and what customers are asking for.
Read More »
Tags: Cisco, desktop virtualization, thin client, virtualization, vxi
Yesterday I sat down with Cisco product manager Ashok Rajagopalan to learn about the customer response to Cisco Virtualization Experience Infrastructure (VXI) and understand how Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) plays a role. Please join myself and Ashok for the discussion.
Ahead of Cisco’s upcoming deskop virtualization announcement, we are conducting a series of interviews with members of our product teams so get their insights into desktop virtualization from industry, customer and Cisco perspectives …
Read More »
Tags: Cisco, desktop virtualization, thin client, virtualization