I recently returned from a Financial Services Summit event in China, where I discussed trends in an omnichannel delivery strategy with an audience from 30 banks. A central part of my discussion was the notion that things are not changing, they’ve already changed. Consumers across the globe have a heavy appetite for digital services.
Digital consumers across all age groups are adopting new digital behaviors at a faster pace. For example, it took one European bank 10 years to have 20 million hits per month on their website, but when they introduced their new mobile banking app, it only took 1.5 years to reach 20 million hits per month.
In a recent Internet of Everything (IoE) in Financial Services consumer study conducted by Cisco across 12 countries, we saw that in China, there is a high interest for alternative banking solutions. However, this same group of respondents (72 percent) put the branch as their first preference for opening up an account. We saw similarly high scores across Brazil, India, Russia and Mexico. The U.S. consumers came in at 60 percent.
So, what does this tell us? For one, it tells us that we need to not only evolve our mobile strategy but also see the branch as a valuable asset that is complementary to mobile and still core to any omnichannel banking delivery model.
Yes, the branch still matters. From opening up an account, to applying for a car loan or even a mortgage, there is an educational and personal interaction component to that journey. Consumers often feel that they are not fully equipped to make decisions about financial products and services alone and often seek advice and guidance from a trusted banking specialist. Read More »
Tags: Cisco, customer experience, digital bank, Financial Services, Internet of Everything, IoE, omnichannel, Personalization, remote expert, retail banking, video
Every year an incredible amount of preparation goes into my presentation and one-on-ones for Partner Summit. We had 11 or so Spark rooms of various teams coming together to make decisions about demos, graphic design, scripting, statistics, offers, and so on. Lots of hard work (made easier with Spark), but all that effort culminates in a few days that are both rewarding and inspiring. First, we got to hang out with more than 2200 of you in the lovely city of Montreal (while 6000 others tuned in virtually) and hear some great talks from our top leaders.
The second reward I got from all the weeks leading up to Summit where my team was heads down doing research and crunching numbers was gaining a buttoned-up set of facts that support the message I wanted you to walk away with – that disruption creates an opportunity to thrive. The partner trends we uncovered are compelling.
I want to make sure you have those facts and figures at your fingertips. We’ve created a Cisco Worldwide Partner Summit 2015 Collaboration Offers and Announcements page where you can find all the details on our new partner announcements and offers as well as the presentations. I think you’ll find the offers very rewarding, and if you didn’t get a chance to hear Rowan announce them on main stage and in the breakout session, you can find the recordings on the Cisco Virtual Partner Summit site.
Let’s also do a quick recap here of the three big areas you can focus on to seize that window of opportunity we talked about: Read More »
Tags: #ciscops15, adoption, Cisco Spark, cloud, collaboration, john chambers, partner summit, richard mcleod, Rowan Trollope, Spark, video
The American Telemedicine Association (ATA) Annual Meeting and Tradeshow is fast approaching! If you’re planning to attend ATA from May 3-5 in Los Angeles, be sure to visit the Cisco booth to see products and solutions that connect patients and care teams so they can easily engage anytime from anywhere.
You’ll find us in booth #1301, where we’ll showcase innovations that overcome the barrier of distance while improving the patient experience. Highlights include:
- Extended Care: Browser-based health and wellness collaboration solution platform
- Telepresence Showcase: DX Series (Android-based touchscreens), SX Series, and Jabber endpoints designed for maximum collaboration
- Cisco Virtual Patient Observation: A centralized approach to patient sitting that can help improve efficiency, staff satisfaction, and staff safety
- Avizia: Mobile telehealth cart that connects physicians, specialists and patients at the point of care
- And more!
While you’re in our booth, let us scan your name badge so you’ll be entered for a chance to win a $250 American Express gift card!
In the meantime, learn more about Cisco Care-at-a-Distance solutions for telehealth. Also take a second to download, Cisco Telehealth Report: Connecting Brazil’s Children to a Healthier Future.
See you in Los Angeles!
Tags: Cisco, healthcare, video
Guest Blog written by Carissa Lada, Customer Support Engineer
Here at Cisco, it’s easy to understand the importance of technology. We can connect with people around the world, do our jobs more efficiently, and create innovative solutions that have never been seen before. Technology also gives us the ability to change the world in unprecedented ways. The best part is that we know there are incredible people out in our community making a difference and embodying Cisco’s mission to change the way people learn, work, live, and play.
At Cisco Live in San Diego this June, we want to highlight the impact people are having in their communities. Our theme for the Cisco Empowered Women’s Network (CEWN) event is to ReDEFINE Tomorrow, Today. One facet of this campaign is to showcase the ways Read More »
Tags: #ReDefineCommunity, CEWN, Cisco Empowered Women's Network, cisco live, CLUS 2015, contest, San Diego, social media, video, youtube
ITD (Intelligent Traffic Director) has been selected in Top 3 finalists in the Best of Interop 2015 Data Center category. ITD Delivers:
- $2 Billion TAM disruptive technology: This technology innovation disrupts today’s $2 Billion TAM for load-balancers, redirection and clustering solutions
- 100x Scale improvement: The high-end load-balancers today can handle about 200Gbps traffic. ITD can load-balance 20Tbps traffic.
- 1000x cost-savings for customers: A 40Gbps L4 load-balancer costs about $200k to customers. ITD provides multi-Tbps load-balancing for a fraction of the price.
- Zero Latency: ITD performs load-balancing, redirection, NAT and access control, all in one-clock cycle in hardware, hence it introduces zero latency.
- 10x OPEX savings : Order of magnitude reduction in configuration, and ease of deployment
- Overall CAPEX savings : Wiring, Power, Rackspace and Cost savings
- 70+ customers interested in deploying within 1 month of shipping.
- 10x High availability : N + M redundancy, health-monitoring and automatic failure handling
- $15 Billion install-base can be leveraged: The technology has humongous market capture potential. It works on existing hardware. $15 Billion install-base of Nexus switches is able to use this technology.
- 30+ patentable ideas: ITD has unprecedented innovations.
Cisco ITD (Intelligent Traffic Director) is a hardware based multi-Tbps Layer 4 load balancing, traffic steering and clustering solution on Nexus 9K/7K/6K/5K series of switches. It supports IP-stickiness, resiliency, NAT, (EFT), VIP, health monitoring, sophisticated failure handling policies, N+M redundancy, IPv4, IPv6, VRF, weighted load-balancing, bi-directional flow-coherency, and IPSLA probes including DNS. There is no service module or external appliance needed.
ITD has a lot of different types of use-cases. Some of these are:
- Create a multi-Tbps Firewall
- Create a multi-Tbps Video-cache
- Firewall/IPS/IDS/WAF load-balancing.
- Web Server load-balancing
- Application server load-balancing
- Replace WCCP. Redirect and Load-balancing traffic to Web-cache, WAAS, WAE
- Traffic steering to VDS/video-cache/Professional Media Network devices
- Load-balance to Hadoop/Big-data cluster.
- load-balancing to mobile equipment
- Load-balancing to Layer 7 load-balancers
- Replace legacy features such as ECMP, port-channel, PBR, etc
Recording of the presentation
Tags: best of interop, Best of Interop 2015, Best of Interop Finalist, Big Data, Cisco, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Nexus 5600, Cisco Nexus 7000, Cisco Nexus 9000, Cisco Nexus Switches, cloud, Cloud Computing, data center, innovation, interop, load balancer, nexus, Nexus 7000, SDN, server load balancer, Service Provider, video