My $0.02: Skip the buffet, Celine, Cirque, and the slots, but don’t skip learning about Cisco Virtualization Experience Infrastructure (VXI) with EMC. Read More »
Guest Post by Rex Backman (Global Marketing Manager, Microsoft Solutions at Cisco)
Please join us for a four-part webcast series hosted by Cisco. During this webinar series Cisco and Microsoft experts will show you how to architect, deploy, and manage Microsoft applications on the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) platform. Industry experts will also share their experiences on implementing Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint, Exchange, and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) offerings. Throughout the series, we will discuss relevant architectural, technical, and operational benefits and best practices. This information will be available to you via Cisco Validated Design (CVD) reference architectures.
The first chapter kicks on May 10th – so please visit www.cisco.com/go/semreg/urls/44768/1 for registration information.
Here are the details of what will be covered in each webcast.
There has been huge customer and partner interest in FlexPod for VMware since its launch in November 2010. The key FlexPod values that are resonating well with the customers are:
- Flexible ITaaS platform built from simple, unified compute, fabric, and storage infrastructure
- Simplified purchase and flexible scale out model accelerates journey to private and hybrid cloud
- Cisco CVD based architectures and channel partner enabled deployment services for both the base FlexPod infrastructure and layered Tier-1 enterprise applications (Microsoft, SAP, VDI, etc.).
- Centralized management enabling streamlined operations
- Open management framework allowing simplified integration with 3rd party orchestration tools
- Streamlined response to identify and quickly solve potential issues, enabled by cooperative 24/7 support model
I want to highlight that the CVD Program has been around for over a decade and has proved its worth time and again to help design and deploy next generation network architectures across the globe.
What do Channel Partners have to say about FlexPod for VMware?
Here is a short video by Paul Sorgiovanni, Data Management Practice Manager at Empired (one of the leading FlexPod global partner based in Australia). In this video, Paul explains how FlexPod for VMware has been extremely helpful in making their customers successful, and helped Empired evolve as a trusted advisor for their fast growing customer base.
Before I get into any thoughts or observations from PEX2011, I want to say THANK YOU to all the Cisco partners that attended our bootcamp on Monday. It was an all-day event, the day after the Super Bowl, and you turned out in force throughout the day. The bootcamp Q&A sessions and subsequent discussions at the Appreciation Party and within our booth were very insightful. Keep giving us feedback on how we can help drive your business into new opportunities in 2011.
Within the event, several key themes were prominent throughout the week: Read More »