We recently asked our family of users why they enjoy connecting with family and friends via Cisco ūmi? Here are the top reasons why they ūmi:
- Stay Connected: The number one reason people love to use ūmi is because they can keep in touch with family, friends – old and new, and colleagues. Whether the person lives down the street or on the other side of the country, they come through your HDTV clearly and vividly, almost as if they were sitting in your own living room with you.
- Get Involved in the Small Things: When mothers and fathers travel, they use ūmi to participate in activities with their children, such as helping with homework, reading a book and discussing what their day was like.
- Get Involved in the Large Things: Moms and dads, grandmothers and grandfathers can use ūmi to meet the next generation of family members and watch them grow, walk, talk and laugh.
- See it With Your Own Eyes: Most of our users see the real benefit in talking face to face with loved ones rather than chatting on the phone. Facial expressions are hard to pick up via phone and impossible to pick up via email. One user said the reason they use ūmi is “so that you can see their face. You can feel them.”
Read More »
Tags: buy one get one free, Cisco umi, HDTV, home telepresence, ūmi, video calling
What did everyone do for Mother’s Day? Were you lucky enough to celebrate with your mom in person? Or did you have to find a creative way to get in touch with her, similar to what NBA player Kevin Durant did?
Kevin, a forward for the Oklahoma City Thunder, praises Cisco ūmi’s ability to keep him closer to his mom: “For a second I had to stop myself because I wanted to get up and give her a hug.”
In never-before-seen videos exclusive for ūmi fans, check out how Kevin and his mom are using Cisco ūmi to stay connected despite Kevin living halfway across the U.S. And stay tuned later this spring for additional content created just for ūmi fans from Cisco’s partnership with the NBA.
Read More »
Tags: Cisco NBA, Cisco umi, Extreme Home Makeover: Home Edition, home telepresence, Kevin Durant, nba, ūmi, video
Last week, Cisco solutions made a big splash across two of television’s hottest shows!
On Tuesday, May 3rd, the main characters on the hit CBS show, NCIS: LA, used the Cisco Cius tablet to help catch the bad guy and solve the case! Using the Cius across multiple scenes, main show characters Sam, Callen, Eric, and Nell use the device for a live video session while docked to analyze clues in the lab, then go mobile with the Cius to continue the video conversation and deliver proof of the crime. If you missed last night’s heart pounding episode, check out a short clip to see the Cius in action: http://videolounge.cisco.com/video/04853b-cius-helps-solve-ncis-la-case/.
This Mother’s Day, May 8th, viewers were be able to see how ūmi, Cisco’s Home TelePresence solution, is allowing people to be together from anywhere. We’re excited to announce that Cisco was a proud participant in Sunday’s episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition on ABC. We teamed up with ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition to help the Prewitt-Brewer family stay connected with their relatives across the country. Click here to watch a clip from Sunday’s amazing episode: http://home.cisco.com/en-us/telepresence/umi/emhe
Showcasing Cisco products in television and film is an exciting way to demonstrate the powerful impact Cisco solutions can make on business and in the home. Whether you are fighting crime or connecting with your long-distance family on our ever-growing Human Network, Cisco is truly changing the way people work, live, play and learn.
Check out the videos, share your thoughts and let us know what you think!
Tags: ABC, CBS, Cisco Cius, Cisco umi, Cius, entertainment, home telepresence, human network, product placement, television, ūmi, video
We’re excited to announce that Cisco was a proud participant on yesterday’s Mother’s Day episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition on ABC.
On this special episode, the team helps build a new home for Coach Carrie Prewitt and the three sisters she took in two years ago when their parents passed away.
Read More »
Tags: Cisco umi, extreme home makeover, Mother's Day, ūmi
While children should honor and respect their mothers every day, most countries set aside one day out of the year to officially celebrate moms. This year, in the U.S., Mother’s Day falls on Sunday, May 8. We hope that you live near your mom, but if you don’t, Cisco ūmi can help you stay connected and now through May 21st, when you buy one ūmi, get one FREE!
Here are five ways to honor your mother via ūmi this Sunday:
- The courtesy of a call – Sometimes, all it takes to say “I love and care about you” is a phone call. With ūmi, you can do even better. We’re giving you the capability of video conferencing with your mom on the HDTV in your living room! Place a call out to her and show her that you care!
- Take her out to dinner – Even if you can’t be there in person to take your mom out to dinner, you can host a dinner via ūmi. Share the same recipe and wine selection, and enjoy a pleasant dinner while catching up on what’s new in your lives.
- It’s a generational thing – If you have children, invite them to sit down and chat with your mom. She’s a grandmother, too, and would love to see their smiling faces. Read More »
Tags: buy one, Cisco umi, get one, home telepresence, Mother's Day, ūmi