Cisco launched the original SmartPlay program in 2010. Since then our partners have seen tremendous momentum from special Unified Computing System (UCS) bundled offers. It has been the ‘go to’ program for our partners to accelerate the sales cycle into new & existing UCS accounts, and it was the catalyst for our online build and price tool that went live in 2011. Now we are continuing to evolve the program to meet the needs of the market with the new SmartPlay Select Program.
Partners spoke. We listened.
We spent a lot of time talking to partners, customers and the Cisco field teams to understand what worked and where we could improve the SmartPlay program. We heard you loud and clear that you needed more flexibility and greater partner protection in your deals. You needed out of the box memory installs and greater quantities so you could scale. We get it, and we are delivering.
From your feedback, we’ve made many improvements to the program:
- The elimination of pre-configured bundles gives you the flexibility to build the perfect “Select” bundle based on your customer’s needs – now you can build-your-own-bundles
- Partner protection was added to ALL SmartPlay Select offers via Opportunity Incentive Program (OIP), Teaming Incentive Program (TIP), and New Account Breakaway (NAB) for Cisco UCS – across all offers
- Cisco ONE Foundation for compute included with each Server
- Quantity limitations were greatly increased- buy up to 50 servers!
- Memory options are now factory integrated in the SmartPlay Select server of your choice;
- Try & Buy eligibility
- We’ve expanded the choices of SmartNet [LINK] offerings available
Read More »
Tags: Cisco, partner, smartplay, UCS
This week, Cisco is at three industry tradeshows (Microsoft Ignite booth #122, SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG Annual Conference booth #330, and EMC World booth #221).
Next week is Citrix Synergy in Orlando.
Read More »
Tags: Citrix XenDesktop, citrixsynergy, nimble storage, UCS
Cisco UCS B460 M4
I’ve heard it said that CIO’s like their ERP systems the same way they like their cars: big, fast and German. Setting nationalities aside, IT pros craving more horsepower for something like SAP HANA need look no further than our UCS B460 M4 and C460 M4 servers, which now supports Intel’s new Xeon E7v3 processor family.
You may wonder why news like this is this important in an age where hardware is so often taken for granted. The answer is speed, in two flavors:
- Faster Applications
- Fast IT
Organizations across the spectrum are working to become intelligence-driven throughout their operations, in real time, in order to create a perpetual and renewable competitive edge. Taking a long-term view in choosing the right infrastructure accomplish this important. Here are two reasons why:
- You never hear about an analytic environment getting smaller. Massive increases in data volume mean these environments inevitably grow. For many, this will mean continuously expanding clusters of hundreds or thousands of servers for scale-out big data apps and bringing in ever-larger systems for the scale-up, in-memory analytics.
- Data is the lifeblood of the digital enterprise. As the use of big data becomes pervasive and critical to day-to-day decision-making, the performance and predictability of these computing platforms will become increasingly paramount to success. So too will be the speed at which they can be deployed and expanded. You want to choose partners and technology you can trust.
Read More »
Tags: analytics, Big Data, data center, Fast IT, Oracle, SAP, Servers, UCS, Xeon
By 2020 75 percent of all companies will be fully digital. The huge shift to a fully digital ecosystem has accelerated over the last couple of years, resulting in Fast IT, which is the new operating model for Cisco IT. The 3rd annual Data Center Day in Allen, Texas, could not have been a better showcase for this new model with its theme, “Disrupt or be Disrupted!” About 130 Cisco customers from every market segment, and in total more than 300 people, attended the Data Center Days on April 13th and 14th. Read More »
Tags: Cisco IT, cisco on cisco, coc-data-center, data center, data center day, UCS, virtualization
On the way to tradeshow week (May 4th), I decided to do a brief blog series on UCS Mini tied to these shows. I’ve covered Microsoft Ignite and SAPPHIRE NOW in the past two weeks.
Last up, EMC World in Las Vegas. Read More »
Tags: Cisco UCS, EMC VSPEX, EMC World, UCS