We’ve come a long way since the days of analog and, at Cisco, we’ve delighted in the journey to high definition (HD). It’s our goal, after all, to bring high-quality, true-to-life video to individuals and organizations around the world.
Video is transformative, but bad video quality is disruptive, so we are pleased to announce that Cisco is enabling the industry’s broadest application of 1080p60 video and 1080p30 content sharing – the highest video resolution available today. This is the result of Cisco’s latest telepresence endpoint software updates: TC 6.0 for our codecs and group systems and TX 6.0 for our immersive product line.
Cisco TelePresence products that will be 1080p60-capable include the TX9000 and TX1300 immersive series; the C-Series codec portfolio (C40, C60, C90); the Profile Series integrated systems; and the newly announced VX Tactical ruggedized mobile telepresence endpoint for harsh field environments. These products join the SX20 Quick Set, Cisco’s best-selling codec technology, to offer 1080p60 video and 1080p30 content sharing.
The TC 6.0 updates also provide a number of other enhancements to the C-Series codecs and group system endpoints (Profile, MX200/300, SX20 Quick Set):
- Medianet-enablement with media tracing and metadata tagging: brings more intelligence to the network for better performance; Medianet intelligence will assist customers to provide the best video experience possible for their users. Medianet is also enabled through the TX 6.0 (immersive products) and TE 6.0 (EX60/90 desktop endpoints) updates.
- Encryption on Cisco Unified Call Manager (CUCM) and Cisco TelePresence Multipoint Switch (CTMS): Encryption is enabled for all point-to-point calls with CUCM-registered endpoints. CTMS encryption enables endpoints to participate in CTMS multipoint call securely. In addition, with CUCM 9.0, we are adding URI support for improved usability with name-based dialing vs. number-based dialing.
- Access to custom layouts on Touch 8 through TC Console: a visual editor that lets you customize different parts of the Cisco Telepresence System Codec C90, C60 and C40 by use of simple drag and drop technique. The latest TC 6.0 updates allow administrators to design custom layouts and make it available on the Touch interface from which users can select.
- Enhancements to the Touch 8 touch panel interface: improved number dialing, enhanced graphics for better aesthetics, and enhanced layouts for better accessibility to the most-oft used features.
- MultiSite enhancements: participant list and layout improvements for the C-Series’ unique individual transcoding, embedded-Multisite feature supporting multipoint calls.
How do all of these announcements benefit your organization? For starters, they improve experience, accessibility and ease of use. And a great experience will keep usability and ROI high. In other words, this package of updates ensures top-line HD quality will be available and easy to use, and keep your users coming back for more.
TC 6.0 software upgrade will be available toward the end of Q3CY12 to customers with current service agreements.