Consider your enterprise communication strategy. Now consider the role of video in that strategy. Is video critical, best effort, nice to have, or outside the scope of your communication strategy?
Business video comes in different flavors, shapes and sizes and there is no one answer for everybody. Your video requirements will vary depending on the size of your company, what you want to do with video, and how you want to do it. Let’s examine different types of business video and how the latest trends are impacting the future strategies of business video as it relates to communications across mobile and social platforms.
Read More »
Tags: business video, collaboration, communication, growth, innovation, mobile, productivity, social, strategy, TelePresence, trends, video, visual, vni
What will our educational system look like in a decade? Will there even be physical classrooms? Will school have evolved into some sort of theme park full of interactive technologies and fun learning gadgets?
Technology will certainly play a part in creating the exciting atmospheres that educators seek to provide for their students. Educators and administrators have even taken the conversation about educating our youth to the next level by utilizing social media tools such as Twitter and Edmodo.com to communicate with each other for fresh ways to inspire youth to find their own education intriguing.
Read More »
Tags: Cisco, edchat, edtech, TelePresence, video conferencing, videoconferencing
Two of Cisco’s finest will be presenting a breakout session today, April 2 at the 2012 Department of Defense Intelligence Information Systems (DoDIIS) Worldwide Conference in Denver, Colorado.
Mike Harttree, Technical Solutions Architect, and Gary Hall, Chief Technology Architect, will present “Survey of Wireless & Mobility Architectures for Communication and Collaboration,” from 3:20 p.m. to 4:05 p.m.
Mobile and wireless technologies are transforming the way the world works. Personal and corporate mobile applications enable individuals to collaborate in new ways to improve their productivity. One of the great myths in the Intelligence Community and Department of Defense is that security concerns prevent wireless technologies and mobile devices from being used in support of a mission. The reality is that the wireless infrastructure is already in place and is expanding rapidly throughout the DoD community. How this infrastructure is integrated into enterprise and mission architectures is the key to successfully deploying more wireless capabilities and protecting information such as classified data, when it is transmitted over a wireless medium.
Read More »
Tags: collaboration, dod, DoDIIS, Gary Hall, Mike Harttree, mobility, Secure Communications, TelePresence, vdi, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, voice over IP, voip, wireless
Our digital team (the folks who bring you Cisco.com, mobile and presence on the online social venues like twitter, Facebook and YouTube) had another great virtual all-hands today thanks to Cisco TelePresence. Just like last time, we had tons of people in multiple locations around the globe. Most of us are in the Northern Hemisphere, where it’s spring, and so we wore rabbit ears and festive spring colors (the people who look so intent are looking at one of my amazing slides!):
Tags: digital, TelePresence, webexperience
Next week, the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) will be hosting the 2012 Department of Defense Intelligence Information Systems (DoDIIS) Worldwide Conference in Denver, Colorado.
Since Cisco TelePresence is helping government organizations around the world connect visually from anywhere at any time, it’s only natural we are attending one of the leading government conferences.
In booth #801, experts at Cisco will be demonstrating a number of its innovative telepresence technologies including:
- The Cisco TelePresence SX20 Quick Set is a flexible solution that helps you easily turn any flat panel display into a powerful telepresence system for small to medium-size meeting rooms. The SX20 Quick Set delivers high-definition video quality, multi-party conferencing, and three different camera options to accommodate room size and configurations. At a value price, the SX20 Quick Set provides the performance expected of more expensive systems, in a sleek, compact, multi-featured package.
- The Cisco TelePresence System EX Series transforms the workplace by combining work, communications, and collaboration – all on the desktop with just the touch of a finger. Colleagues can instantly work together, whether they are separated by a hallway, a street, or several time zones. As part of the EX Series, the Cisco TelePresence System EX90 (EX90) and Cisco TelePresence System EX60 (EX60) support vivid, lifelike 1080p30 video, natural collaboration, and the simplicity of a touch screen interface for a complete solution that helps ensure conversations are more productive.
- Cisco Cius is a tablet purpose-built for business and delivers end-to-end security, manageability, collaboration features and mobility for today’s workforce.
- Jabber is a unified communications application that allows people to be more productive from anywhere by providing a single interface across presence, instant messaging (IM), voice, video, voice messaging, desktop sharing and conferencing.
- Sneak Peak at Jabber for iPad– Cisco Jabber for iPad is a unified communications application that provides messaging, presence, voice, voice messaging, and video calling capabilities on the Apple iPad.
Attendees will also be able to see Cisco technologies at our partner booths including CDW-G (booth #607), CIS Secure Computing (booth #1018) and GTSI (booth #654).
Stay tuned for more information about Cisco’s participation at the conference and make sure to follow #Ciscogov on Twitter for news from the event.
We are looking forward to the event and hope to see you there!
Tags: CDW-G, CIS Secure Computing, Cius, Defense Intelligence Agency, Department of Defense Intelligence Information Systems, DIA, DoDIIS, EX Series, EX60, EX90, GTSI, jabber, Jabber for iPad, SX20 Quick Set, TelePresence