Technische Universität Darmstadt, usually known as TU Darmstadt is a research university based in Germany. It was founded in 1877 and over the last 137 years has grown to be among the largest and most prestigious public universities in Germany serving over 25,000 students per year. It is the alma-mater to many world-wide leaders from Nobel prize winners, a CEO of a fortune 500 company, a president of a country and multiple World Robocup champions.
No wonder, they have a reference from Albert Einstein!
In 2009 TU Darmstadt embraced BYOD with the 5508 Series Controller managing the 1140 802.11n Access Points. Recently we talked to Thomas Vogel, the Head of Network Group and Andreas Liebe, the Network Services Manager who have over 15 years of experience managing WLAN environments. In this blog, we will describe some of the details of WLAN deployments using the 3850 Series Switch and the 5760 Series Wireless LAN Controller to address the new requirements in the school environment. Read More »
Tags: 3850, 5760, 802.11, 802.11ac, 802.11n, access, access point, account, AP, App, application, authorized, AVC, bring your own device, buildings, byod, Cisco, client, controller, Converged Access, darmstadt, deployment, devices, employee, encrypted traffic, environment, frankfurt, Germany, infrastructure, IPv6, LAN, management, network, policy, prime, Prime Infrastructure, requirements, research, school, security, services, standard, switch, technische, technology, trend, TU, TUD, unified access, Universität, university, user, visualize, wi-fi, wifi, wired, wireless, wlan
Mobility trend in Hospitality
A recent TripAdvisor survey found that over 40% of travelers use their smart phones to plan a trip and over 46% use their smart phones to enhance their trip while traveling.
No longer is it just an idea or an aspiration for the hospitality industry to use innovative methods to engage with their guests, for example Marriott Hotels, just this year, announced the addition of mobile checkout to its industry-leading Marriott Mobile app for smartphones. Clearly mobile check-out is just the latest innovation from the brand as a new service designed for today’s connected travelers. Read More »
Tags: ad, advertising, App, application, business, business insider, Cisco, clothing, cmx, connected mobile experiences, consumer, content, context, coupon, customer, customize, data, device, evolution, grocery store, habit, hospitality, hotel, IDC, Industry, landscape, location, location services, location-based, macro, market, mobile, navigation, offer, personalize, phone, Real Time, realtime, retail, rtls, services, show-room, show-rooming, showroom, showrooming, smartphone, store, technology, travel, venue, wayfind, wi-fi, wifi
It’s that time of year again! We’ll be celebrating 25 years of Cisco Live! in the our namesake city San Francisco this week in SOMA. Here’re the top 5 things for #Wireless folks to be on the lookout for:
1. World of Solutions: The WoS opens with a welcome reception at 5pm on Monday. We’re showing off our 802.11ac portfolio and latest location-based solutions in the World of Solutions. Look for us in the Enterprise Networks booth!
2. DevNet Zone: First of its kind Cisco-led developer conference in Moscone West during CiscoLive! SF. Swing by to find out about the latest Cisco API’s and SDK’s through hands-on learning labs and special developer-focused speaking sessions.
Highlight: 24 hour hackathon featuring the Mobility Services API.
Read this blog for more on why hackers, developers and designers should check out the DevNet Zone.
3. Mobility Focused Sessions. If you haven’t signed up already, make sure you check these out and add them to your list:
4. Keynotes: if you’ll be in San Francisco, you won’t want to miss the annual keynotes of Cisco Live!, including:
- John Chambers Keynote: Monday 3:30pm
- Rob Lloyd Keynote: Tuesday 10am
- Industry Keynote – IoT: Wednesday 10am
- Technology Trends Keynote – Enterprise Solutions: Wednesday 4pm
5. Customer Appreciation Event: In celebration of Cisco’s customers and 25 years of Networkers and Cisco Live conferences we will be bringing the iconic Lenny Kravitz and Imagine Dragons to the stage. We would be nothing without our customers, so we’re super excited to share this experience with you–the event is Wednesday May 21 at 7:30pm.
See you there! We’ll be keeping updates on Twitter at @Cisco_Mobility.
Tags: #CLUS, #CLUS14, Cisco, developer, moscone, san francisco, sf, technology
We are very excited to announce the beginning of our new blog series on public safety. This series will include a number of posts that examine the intersection of technology and public safety as well as identify solutions to promote greater awareness and action.
Having worked in this field for over 15 years, I am especially enthusiastic about sharing my thoughts and starting a conversation on these issues. Before leading the Cisco’s Connected Justice Solution and Public Safety Business Development team, I was a Chief of Police and dealt with all of the same issues that agencies are dealing with today. Throughout my career, I have been passionate about improving the criminal justice system as well as government and public safety. And to this end, I have worked to streamline processes, lower costs, and increase efficiencies through the use of technology while making first responders safer. Read More »
Tags: 21st Century Government, govtech, Public Safety, technology
The World energy demand will be 41% higher in 2035 with India and China accounting for half the growth.
The development of renewable energy sources ranks as a key responsibility for the top economies in the world. India, as one of the top 5 emitters of greenhouse gasses, has prioritized the development of renewable energy resources.
Read More on how this Indian agency deployed a network that promotes energy conservation below.
Read More »
Tags: Cisco, Green, innovation, midmarket, midsize business, network, renewable energy, security, small business, technology, unified communications