Like many IT organizations, Cisco IT provides help-desk support only for Microsoft Windows-based PCs. Yet many Cisco employees choose to use a Mac, even if it means they are on their own for resolving problems, obtaining repairs, installing software upgrades, and similar support tasks. By the end of fiscal year 2009, Cisco had over 8,000 Mac users, and by fiscal 2010, over 12,000.
Yesterday, Bill Skeet posted an update on a list of improvements we’ve made to the main support experience on Cisco.com. In a related effort, we’ve also been working on some simple but important updates specifically for small business, and have just re-launched a Small Business Support and Resources page at cisco.com/go/smallbizhelp. Some features of this new page:
- Highlights the Small Business Online Chat Support option
- Phone support hyperlinks direct customers and partners to appropriate Support Center based on product
- Community support hyperlinks direct customers and partners to appropriate Support Community based on product
- Provides customers and partners with advice to expedite their support calls
- Calls out ‘how to purchase options’ for customers and unregistered partners
- Provides links to Open Source information
- Go URL shortcut (cisco.com/go/smallbizhelp) – easy for customers and partners to remember and easy to include in docs and correspondence
- Fast search ‘recommended content’ already in place for this page
Let us know how you like these updates, and enjoy!