Earlier this week, we announced the Cisco Domain Ten framework 2.0, enhanced by great input from customers, partners, and Cisco’s well-earned experience of strategizing and executing IT transformation.
The enhanced Cisco Domain Ten framework helps customers drive better strategic decisions, providing greater focus on business outcomes, providing deeper analysis of hybrid cloud implications, and extending the framework beyond data center and cloud to include all IT transformation initiatives.
You may have read Stephen Speirs earlier blogs about Cisco Domain Ten for cloud transformation. Today, let’s look at key changes in the Cisco Domain Ten framework 2.0 from the original version. These changes have been adopted to enhance discussions on three themes:
- Highlight importance of public clouds as part of IT transformation and solutions using IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS within the data center and across the entire business.
- Addition of “Organization” in Domain 10 to bring together the business and technology focus for strategy discussions.
- Name changes for some domains to facilitate ease of alignment and discussion on overall IT transformation across multiple architectures and technology solutions such as ITaaS, collaboration, mobility, video, etc. for both enterprise and provider perspectives.
Read More »
Tags: application, automation, catalog, cloud application, Cloud Computing, compliance, customer interface, data center, Domain 10, Domain Ten, financial, Governance, infrastructure, IT Tranformation, organization, platform, process, security, strategy, virtualization
Last week, I shared basic enablement, intelligence, engagement and measurement practices. This week’s presentation focuses on some advanced practices in the areas of intelligence, engagement, advocacy and measurement. By no means is this list complete so please feel free to add your two cents in the Comment box below. The more we share, the more we can influence how companies and even industries are viewing and adopting social media. Collectively, we can shape its evolution. So please, share away!
And without further ado, here’s another chapter from my unwritten book in slide deck format: Read More »
Tags: advanced, advocacy, best practices, community, crm, data, engagement, how to, Intelligence, Listening, measurement, Plan, ROI, social media, strategy
For quite some time now, I’ve been thinking about writing a book. A book about social media. A book about what I’ve seen and learned. A book about things I would like to see. A book about strategy -- I love strategy. I’ve started writing it several times. But every time I sit down at my keyboard, doubts take over. “Why do I want to write a book? Why shouldn’t I just blog about it?” Oh, that four-letter word always wins out and the bolded text (“Chapter 1”) on my screen quickly becomes a blog title. So while I continue to contemplate whether or not to embark on this journey, I would like to leave you with a few pages from my unwritten book….in slide deck format. I had the pleasure of presenting yesterday on social media planning. The first presentation covered basic enablement, listening and intelligence, engagement and measurement. The second presentation highlighted advanced listening and intelligence, engagement, advocacy and measurement practices. Today, I’m sharing the first chapter. Hope you find it useful.
Read More »
Tags: how to, planning, social media, strategy
Cisco Partner Summit 2013 was an amazing event this year, and as you saw throughout the week, we had lots to tell you about the huge opportunity for partners focused on the midmarket. Partner participation was excellent both live in Boston and at Virtual Partner Summit. Together with Cisco regional leaders, we engaged with more than 1,100 partners during our VPS Dialog Sessions.
Some of the topics covered during our VPS Dialogs: Grow your Business with Cisco sessions included:
- Midmarket opportunity: 1.4 million midsize customers, $25 billion in potential product revenue and $30 billion in potential services revenue and how Cisco is helping all of our certified partners capture this opportunity.
- Enhanced Training: New SMB Specialization, SMB University and an updated Smart Business Roadmap
- New Mobile App: Cisco Engage Mobile App designed especially for Select Partners
- Business Focused Event Series: An opportunity for hands-on product demos and networking with peers
- Customer Case Studies: Developed by Cisco to promote our partners successes
- Meraki Acquisition: New cloud offering available for partners
Participating partners responded very positively to polling questions during the sessions. According to the feedback we received: Read More »
Tags: Cisco, partner, smb, strategy
In my last post, I discussed the importance of a strong network foundation. Let’s get a little deeper into this now. The strategies depicted in the diagram below have been developed over nearly two decades of Cisco Services experience in the field. These outline what MUST be addressed in order to successfully and fully optimize your investment. Omission of any one will induce risk into the project. I will highlight this as we pass through the strategies.
Read More »
Tags: Cisco, design zone, five strategies for optimized network design, Hardware Optimization, Network design, NOS, services, strategy