It’s no secret that implementing cloud technologies allows IT to rapidly react and dynamically deliver new services to any business or organization almost instantly.
In an ideal world, cloud services—whether private, public, or hybrid—allow users access to applications wherever, however, and whenever they need.
Operating in the cloud can help solve some of your most cumbersome business and IT challenges. For starters, it can provide scalability, reduce costs, improve collaboration, and enable automation.
It sounds great, right? So what’s the holdup with cloud adoption?
Read More »
Tags: agility, Cisco Cloud Services, Cisco Powered Cloud, cisco private cloud, cloud, Cloud Inf, IT, OpenStack, services
At Cisco Intercloud CTO Innovation Center, innovative vendors are selected to integrate and build cloud services for customer and market trials. We combine the world’s best ISVs with Cisco’s best to bring unique innovations to our customers. At Cisco Live 2015 in San Diego, we launched one such solution – Intercloud Microservices with Docker, Nirmata, and the Cisco ONE Enterprise Suite. The Intercloud Microservices solution enables a new breed of DevOps – where business get unprecedented agility at scale using cloud-native architectures, and unprecedented flexibility in choosing best-of-breed Cisco Intercloud providers across the globe.
Read More »
Tags: Cisco ONE, cloud, containers, cto, developers, devops, docker, Gartner, innovation, InterCloud, isv, Microservices, Nirmata, partners, services
It’s been just over 15 months since Cisco set out to build the Intercloud, a globally connected network of clouds. This massive effort brings together partners from across the Cisco Partner Ecosystem to create the only true partner-led cloud effort in the industry. A strategy we believe will ultimately prove to be the winning cloud model.
- Over the past number of months, the Intercloud Partner ecosystem has been steadily and strategically building momentum, and today we are proud to count an increasing number of Intercloud Providers as part of the ecosystem – 65 partners, 350 data centers, spanning 50 countries.
- This past year, Cisco has also partnered with some the world’s leading service providers like Telstra and DT on our public cloud footprint, the Cisco Intercloud Service. The Intercloud Alliance partners deliver the foundation for how we will be delivering Cisco Cloud solutions like Cisco Spark and Energywise.
- We’re delivering all of our Intercloud services with our channel partners—Cisco’s extended sales force that drives 80% of our corporate revenue— extending Cisco’s and our Intercloud Providers’ reach into the global enterprise. We’re working with our channel partners to build Intercloud-ready private clouds for our enterprise customers and resell cloud services from Cisco and our partners. .
There is no other company on the planet that can take on the challenge of orchestrating such a robust partner ecosystem—bringing together the worlds largest providers, partners, and technologists to deliver on this vision of a globally connected, partner-led federation of enterprise cloud services
Read More »
Tags: big data analytics, Cisco Intercloud Fabric, developers, InterCloud, Internet of Everything, services
Cloud sprawl is a huge, growing challenge. On average, large companies use 645 individual cloud services, which has grown 17% in just six months. What’s crazy is when you ask IT teams to estimate, they think they’re only using about 40 cloud services (yikes!).
I’m at Cisco Live US this week in San Diego – and wanted to share with you our Cloud Consumption portal and booth (check it out below). With Cloud Consumption Services, you can discover all the cloud services you’re using (SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS), understand data security risks you’re facing, review cloud provider risk profiles, benchmark cloud usage against peers, and other useful things.
To learn more:
- Visit us at our booth at Cisco Live US this week and meet the Cloud Consumption Service team
- Learn more about how Cloud Consumption Services can help you better manage a new world of many clouds
Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, cisco live, Cloud Consumption, services, Shadow IT
What makes the cloud such an attractive option for enterprises? The cloud empowers IT to act as a broker of business critical IT services. It helps the organization become a more proactive player that can aggregate, integrate, and customize the delivery of cloud services to meet specific business needs. Instead of working in a technology vacuum or owning the entire IT value chain, IT can make build or buy decisions in the context of IT services sourcing recommendations.
Businesses in every industry are rapidly embracing the cloud. They want the agility, security, and performance that cloud technology delivers. And they want the flexibility to deploy their choice of workloads securely to the cloud. This growing demand for cloud services is creating new opportunities for cloud providers and driving new job roles and responsibilities.
Read More »
Tags: agility, CCNA, CCNP, certification, cloud, Enterprise, learning, performance, security, services