We’ve done some fine-tuning on the search on Cisco.com:
- It should feel faster, especially after the first search you do
- Results should be even more relevant
- Popular features like the “information box” for key queries remain intact
Let us know how it’s working for you!
Tags: search, usability, user experience
There’s a nice article by Web analysts SiteIQ this month about Cisco.com search, with the flattering headline “Cisco aces search again…” The post points out how we do little things like how we:
1. Link to Google for more search, in case you didn’t find what you were looking for, or if you want a second opinion…
2. Collect the highest-value links at the top of a page…
3. Offer search directly from our megamenus….
It’s an interesting short article worth a read. Enjoy!
Tags: design, search, user experience, userexperience
We’ve made some important updates to the search experience on Cisco.com:
- For some top product searches, we delivering a “product information box” of the most important information in one place.
- We’ve done some significant redesign of the user front-end to improve the user experience
- Searches using Product IDs
- Significant work to greatly reduce the number of zero search instances you might encounter
- Better search results on country sites, with inclusion of supplemental US results where appropriate
- Faster: Improved performance
Try these searches to see examples:
ASA5510-K8 or 5510 (for Cisco ASA 5510 Next Generation Firewalls)
TelePresence (for Cisco TelePresence)
See if you can identify some of the new features.
Tags: design, search, user experience
Is there anything more annoying than a frozen screen? Imagine a teacher or student trying to utilize wireless technology on campus only to be let down by slow or spotty wireless coverage. School districts cannot leverage a wireless network with performance issues. Hot spots are no longer good enough: there is a requirement for pervasive wireless access in today’s classrooms. Only with pervasive wireless access can technology be fully utilized to help innovate the classroom, whether it’s through access to online teaching tools, real time communication or other student engagement vehicles. Cisco BYOD Solutions for K12 Education offer flexible solutions that make a pervasive wireless network an affordable reality.
A pervasive wireless network opens up anytime, anywhere access to enhanced teaching and learning resources. An overwhelming 94% of teachers say Google or other search engines tops the list of sources their students use for research*.
Read More »
Tags: byod, education, Google, ISTE, K12, mobile, mobility, pervasive wireless, search, student, tablet, teacher, wi-fi, wifi, wireless
You may have noticed we did some updates to Cisco.com search in the last week. Here are some highlights:
- Custom # of results. Here’s an important feature for Cisco.com power users: We’ve added the option to change the number of search results displayed from the standard 10 to your choice of 10, 20, 30 or 50 results per page:
- Status on support community items. Cisco Support Community forums content now show question status, rating, and number of replies within the search results
- Product synonyms help findability. Added product ID synonyms to Software Download and Forums, Blogs, and Wikis
- Improved Web Accessibility by implementing tab order and focus on Search Results page, including skip links
- Updated advanced search page functionality
- Additional tuning on results.
Tags: cisco.com, search