Why do I love Big Data so much? It’s because there are endless possibilities to deliver on the Internet of Everything (IoE) opportunity that will create new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented economic opportunities for businesses, countries, and individuals. Analytics is an enormous part of that value creation and is estimated to drive $7.3T of the $19T IoE opportunity over the next 10 years.
Big Data and Analytics take the data created by people, processes, and things – that’s held within the Data Center and at the Edge – and convert it to insights that deliver the truly transformational business outcomes for which we all strive. I’m not talking about ‘iterative’ changes here. I’m talking about game-changing breakthroughs that change the way businesses compete, healthcare teams treat their patients, and cities and governments meet the needs of their constituents.
Cisco has incredible Connected Analytics offerings that address the needs of data streaming at the edge. These offerings are complemented by solutions based on Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure and broad ecosystem of Big Data & Analytics Partners.
Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, BigData, cisco live, Cisco UCS, CiscoUCS, Cloudera, ConnectedAnalytics, Hortonworks, MapR, Platfora, SAP, Splunk, Tableau, ucsbigdata
Cisco UCS B460 M4
I’ve heard it said that CIO’s like their ERP systems the same way they like their cars: big, fast and German. Setting nationalities aside, IT pros craving more horsepower for something like SAP HANA need look no further than our UCS B460 M4 and C460 M4 servers, which now supports Intel’s new Xeon E7v3 processor family.
You may wonder why news like this is this important in an age where hardware is so often taken for granted. The answer is speed, in two flavors:
- Faster Applications
- Fast IT
Organizations across the spectrum are working to become intelligence-driven throughout their operations, in real time, in order to create a perpetual and renewable competitive edge. Taking a long-term view in choosing the right infrastructure accomplish this important. Here are two reasons why:
- You never hear about an analytic environment getting smaller. Massive increases in data volume mean these environments inevitably grow. For many, this will mean continuously expanding clusters of hundreds or thousands of servers for scale-out big data apps and bringing in ever-larger systems for the scale-up, in-memory analytics.
- Data is the lifeblood of the digital enterprise. As the use of big data becomes pervasive and critical to day-to-day decision-making, the performance and predictability of these computing platforms will become increasingly paramount to success. So too will be the speed at which they can be deployed and expanded. You want to choose partners and technology you can trust.
Read More »
Tags: analytics, Big Data, data center, Fast IT, Oracle, SAP, Servers, UCS, Xeon
Cisco is bringing Clouds to the Sunshine state, but we won’t let it rain on our parade.
Cisco is heading to the Sunshine state for the annual SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG Annual Conference, May 5–7, at the Orange County
Convention Center in Orlando, Florida and our bench is packed this year. We will showcase how Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) enables application data center managers to quickly meet ever-increasing business demands and take advantage of the world of many Clouds + Integrated Infrastructure and Internet of Things.
Don’t go through life without goals, so make it a goal while at Sapphire to stop by the Cisco booth 330 to ask our subject matter experts about industry leading, Cisco and SAP technologies in our three key areas:
- Unified Computing System – Why Cisco is #1 and a partner in ~50% of all integrated infrastructure solutions?
- Cloud First – Understand the benefits of Cisco and SAP’s cloud-first partner strategy? How important is Choice and Trust to your company?
- IoT & IoE – Learn the difference between IoT and IoE and how do we derive value from Things?
We’re bringing our first-class Cisco subject matter experts, partner and customer testimonials to Sapphire NOW, to share our experience and expertise in delivering these new innovative technologies.
Read More »
Tags: CiscoUCS, cloud, HANA, SAP
Tailored Data Center Integration for SAP HANA enables the use
of enterprise storage and networking components that already exist in your data center rather than requiring customers to purchase additional storage and networking to be used only for the SAP HANA environment.
Cisco and its partners deliver a TDI deployment model using a common architectural approach, built on standard building blocks with the Cisco Unified Computing SystemTM (Cisco UCS®) as the base. This approach gives application datacenter managers flexibility of choice in the way that they implement SAP HANA. Cisco supports the SAP HANA TDI deployment with shared storage and shared networking today.
SAP HANA TDI provides the first evolutionary step away from the constraints of a very controlled standalone appliance model toward a model in which application datacenters can be configured using existing SAP certified enterprise storage and enterprise networking. When you use the SAP HANA TDI model, existing network and storage can be used only if sufficient resources are available and if all components used are SAP certified. Here, “sufficient resources” means that sufficient storage capacity and I/O bandwidth are available on both the storage system and the storage network to meet the SAP HANA application needs in your environment.
What does this mean for you? You will gain the following benefits. You can:
- Use your existing storage and network investment in people, process, and equipment
- Get the best use of your investment in current datacenter switching architecture
- Create a more flexible deployment in which server, network, and storage resources can be moved between different SAP HANA and SAP business solutions applications, and even non-SAP applications
mitigate risk and optimize operations and resources by using existing data center management processes for SAP HANA implementations
- Gain flexibility in hardware vendor selection and SAP HANA configuration
Read More »
Tags: Cisco UCS, HANA, SAP, TDI
On the way to tradeshow week (May 4th), I decided to do a brief blog series on UCS Mini tied to these shows. Last week was Microsoft Ignite.
This week SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG Annual Conference in Orlando and the discussion of UCS Mini for SAP and SAP HANA.
Read More »
Tags: Cisco UCS, HANA, SAP, UCS