Last week Carol Ferrara Zarb, industry solution manager sat down with me and talked about the work being done at Cisco around helping merchants address the Payment Card Industry Data Security (PCI DSS) 2.0 standards released last year.
Cisco will be hosting a webinar april 14th 10:00am PT hosted by Lindsay Parker, global director of retail industry marketing with guests including:
- Christopher Novak, Managing Principal, Investigative Response, Verizon Business Security Solutions
- Danny Dhillon, Principal, Security Engineer, RSA
- Rob McIndoe, Senior Security Consultant, Verizon Business Security Solutions
where Carol Zarb and Cisco retail architect Christian Janoff will discuss Cisco’s solution to help merchants address and maintain PCI compliance.
Some facts about Cisco and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS)
Read More »
Tags: credit card, payment card industry, pci, routing, routing and switching, security, wireless
Connecting your employees and your business to the world is an absolute requirement in today’s always-on environment. As large files and streaming video become more common, even a small office needs a combination of performance and security to help keep employees productive, whether they are working in the office or on the road.
The Cisco RV220W Network Security Firewall delivers high-performance, highly secure, flexible wired and wireless connectivity—to the Internet, other offices, and employees working remotely—in a device that is easy to use and affordable for a small office.
- Gigabit Ethernet connections on all ports and a built-in wireless-N access point, provide high throughput for transferring large files and rich media content, to improve productivity
- High Speed Selectable dual-band wireless access point, improves throughput and coverage and helps reduce interference
- Flexible, highly secure VPN Connectivity – Hybrid VPN (IPsec and SSL VPN) features enable secure access for other offices, employees working remotely, and business partners
- Cisco web security service (optional), delivers cloud-based URL flitting and web threat protection for added security
- Intuitive, browser-based device manager makes installation and use easy
Don’t believe us? Please check out this great review for RV220W on SmallNetBuilder.com for yourself!
“Cisco’s RV 220W is positioned to become the go-to router for small business”
Tags: routing, small business
Andrew and I missed our college days so much that we decided to join the spring break revelers and film Partner Update from sunny Coronado Beach in San Diego, California. In this episode, we’ll be delving into such important spring break topics as:
- SPF 15 vs. SPF 20? Choose the right SPF for you!
- Survival Guide: What to do if your friends bury you under sand while you’re napping.
- Salt water – more nutritious than you realize.
Watch our special “Spring Break Survival Guide” edition of Partner Update.
Curious about how to prepare for your upcoming spring break?
Read More »
Tags: ciscops11, cloud, data center, john chambers, news, newScale, newscast, partner advisor, partner central, partner summit, rob lloyd, routing, San Diego, SPF, spring break, switching, tan, tandberg
This post is brought to you by the Cisco Innovators Program.
Small is beautiful, cybercriminals agree.
Attacks on businesses of all sizes occur in essentially the same way. But they succeed much more often on smaller companies than on larger ones.
Information Week Analytics refers to small businesses as “filet mignon” for hackers and malware; it says the primary threat is external penetration into the business’s network.
Small businesses often rely on cheap, consumer-class technology, even at the external network interface—the router. Cheap routers jeopardize security, operational efficiency, and employee productivity. Their cost structure simply precludes business-class performance and security.
Read More »
Tags: routing, security, small business
We heard from SVP Keith Goodwin at Partner Summit that while we are helping partners move to the cloud, we are also still focusing on our core technologies, namely routing and switching. And it’s no secret that the switching market is evolving.
Have you been wondering what the real story is behind switching market share? What industry trends are shaping the next wave of networking innovation? And what is Cisco’s switching strategy?
All of these were top-of-mind questions addressed in a recent investor relations webcast—led by John McCool, SVP and GM, Data Center, Switching and Services—to discuss Cisco’s Ethernet switching business and the competitive landscape.
McCool gave investors a brief presentation, which was followed by a Q&A session. You can listen to the entire broadcast here: Tech Talk: Ethernet Switching, From the Enterprise to the Data Center.
Looking for specific information within the broadcast? Here are some time stamps that indicate where John addresses port transitions, market share trends, and more.
Read More »
Tags: data center, Enterprise, fabric, investor, john mccool, market transitions, routing, services, strategy, switching, webcast