I’ve been having great conversations with our partners about the Internet of Everything (IoE), especially since Partner Summit. The biggest takeaway is that IoE is not a new solution or new market; it truly is much bigger than that. IoE is a complete market shift that will touch the lives of each and every one of us.
And because the IoE value is so great, as in $1.2 billion this year alone, we are committed to enabling our partners to make the most of these opportunities. Here is what we’ve tackled so far to help you capture the IoE value:
- We’ve invested more than $5 billion in research, development, and acquisitions to accelerate the IoE, making the opportunity a reality today;
- We’re raising awareness of the value at stake and of new technologies, getting your customers excited about the prospect of a more connected, intelligent future; and
- We’re enabling you with content and marketing assets to start stimulating customer appetite for transitioning IoE ideas into sales conversations and tangible projects. Read More »
Tags: Cisco, Internet of Everything, IoE, marketing, partner, resources, Sherri Liebo
Earlier today, Cisco introduced an expanded portfolio of desktop virtualization solution architectures, based on Cisco UCS, that extend Cisco’s value proposition, solution breadth and market reach. This is very important for our partner ecosystem, which continues to be the foundation for selling Cisco’s Desktop Virtualization Solutions.
Desktop virtualization continues to gain traction. According to a recent Gartner forecast, companies are projected to add 59 million more virtual desktop users worldwide between 2013 and 2016. Despite that growth, we found that significant challenges remain for getting VDI implementations off the ground. These include:
- Up-front CAPEX often associated with upgrading the data center and network infrastructure required to support VDI
- Complexity associated with combining multiple disparate technologies together in a way that’s cohesive and easy to manage
- Guesswork and risk associated with ensuring that the success seen in a small pilot is replicated in larger production environments
Read More »
Tags: Cisco, desktop virtualization solutions, partner, resources, vdi, webinar