I’ve been home from Las Vegas for a little more than week now, and the excitement from Cisco Partner Summit 2014 has yet to wear off. I hope you were able to either attend the event in Las Vegas or participate via Virtual Partner Summit (VPS). It’s hard to believe we wrapped up last Thursday evening. Of course our coverage has continued this week, but we’re wrapping that up today as well.
Before we close out our coverage of Cisco Partner Summit 2014, let’s jump all the way back to the beginning, so to speak. While speaking to several of our executives at Cisco Partner Summit, I asked them to give me a rundown of what’s on partners’ minds coming into Cisco Partner Summit 2014. You had the opportunity to see the responses from John Chambers, Chairman and CEO; Rob Lloyd, President, Development and Sales; Bruce Klein, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Partner Organization; and Edison Peres, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Channels last week in Las Vegas.
As you see in the video, a wide range of partners have a lot of the same thoughts. Just look at what Edzard Overbeek, Senior Vice President of Cisco Services, said he heard from partners, “There are two or three things standing out. First of all cloud, and I hope we’ve answered that with the Intercloud announcement, and how critical the network of clouds is for our partner community. The second piece is the transition from product; technology selling into outcomes based selling.”
Read More »
Tags: Cisco, Cisco Partner Summit 2014, ciscops14, contest winners, favorite quote, Leaderboard, replays, resources, takeaways
I’ve been having great conversations with our partners about the Internet of Everything (IoE), especially since Partner Summit. The biggest takeaway is that IoE is not a new solution or new market; it truly is much bigger than that. IoE is a complete market shift that will touch the lives of each and every one of us.
And because the IoE value is so great, as in $1.2 billion this year alone, we are committed to enabling our partners to make the most of these opportunities. Here is what we’ve tackled so far to help you capture the IoE value:
- We’ve invested more than $5 billion in research, development, and acquisitions to accelerate the IoE, making the opportunity a reality today;
- We’re raising awareness of the value at stake and of new technologies, getting your customers excited about the prospect of a more connected, intelligent future; and
- We’re enabling you with content and marketing assets to start stimulating customer appetite for transitioning IoE ideas into sales conversations and tangible projects. Read More »
Tags: Cisco, Internet of Everything, IoE, marketing, partner, resources, Sherri Liebo
Earlier today, Cisco introduced an expanded portfolio of desktop virtualization solution architectures, based on Cisco UCS, that extend Cisco’s value proposition, solution breadth and market reach. This is very important for our partner ecosystem, which continues to be the foundation for selling Cisco’s Desktop Virtualization Solutions.
Desktop virtualization continues to gain traction. According to a recent Gartner forecast, companies are projected to add 59 million more virtual desktop users worldwide between 2013 and 2016. Despite that growth, we found that significant challenges remain for getting VDI implementations off the ground. These include:
- Up-front CAPEX often associated with upgrading the data center and network infrastructure required to support VDI
- Complexity associated with combining multiple disparate technologies together in a way that’s cohesive and easy to manage
- Guesswork and risk associated with ensuring that the success seen in a small pilot is replicated in larger production environments
Read More »
Tags: Cisco, desktop virtualization solutions, partner, resources, vdi, webinar