The Global Certification Team (GCT) is proud to announce the addition of the Catalyst 6500-E to the Unified capabilities (UC) Approved Products List (APL). The Cat6K was tested as a switch in Virtual Switching System (VSS) mode with Software Release (Rel.) 15.0(1)SY1, Tracking Number (TN) 1132001, as an Assured Services Local Area Network (ASLAN) – Layer 2/Layer 3 Access, Core, and Distribution switch. The UC APL Memo can be found here.
The Cisco® Catalyst® 6500 and 6500-E Series sets the new standard for IP Communications and application delivery in enterprise campus and service provider networks by maximizing user productivity and enhancing operational control. As the premier intelligent, multilayer modular Cisco switch, the Catalyst 6500 Series delivers secure, converged, end-to-end services, from the wiring closet to the core network, the data center, and the WAN edge.
For more information on the Catalyst 6500-E Series, please visit Cisco.com.
Tags: 6500, 6500-E, apl, approved, aslan, capabilities, catalyst, certification, certified, IOS, list, products, UC, unified, vss
They may seem simple changes, but we think some recent updates to the Products & Services page on Cisco.com will make this page easier and quicker for you to use.
Here are some of the main things we’ve improved:
- Links are more obvious. Previously, some links were hidden behind drawers. Examining the metrics — plus testing with you — convinced us to make all the links visible, which will definitely help for findability.
- Scanning the list of products is easier.
- Scanning the list of services is easier and the lists are more obvious.
- There’s a new “Key Topics” module which allows a clear navigation path to these important areas.
- Borderless Networks; Collaboration; and Data Center & Virtualization are highlighted.
- We’ve updated the “Let us Help” content to reflect all of our main contact methods so you can connect with us more easily.
- It’s easier find key links to areas like Visio stencils and EOL products. And, we’ve added a few new links places like the Developer Network Marketplace and Developer Network (Resources).
A lesson is this update is that sometimes, simpler is better. The previous design was an improvement over its earlier version, but also had some interactive elements such as switchable tabs and popup drawers; these may have been “cool” to play with, but didn’t do much to help usability or speed of navigating on the page. We’ll let you know how this new, more simple version performs.
The new page:
For comparison, the previous version:
The older one is shorter, but in the end, we find that people don’t mind scrolling or swiping a bit to get to the information they need. It’s much better to have the information visible.
Tags: products, usability
Here’s something I think you’ll like: Rich information about the entire Cisco product and services portfolio is now available free in a smartphone-friendly format.
This update includes:
- More than 7,000 product series and model pages for mobile access
- Complete coverage for Services products
- More than 1,180 product oriented videos now playable on mobile devices for the iPhone and Android platforms. (We’ve converted 31 GB worth of videos!)
- Links to data sheets and other key information that you can browse to quickly, in both HTML and PDF format.
You can access it from your mobile smartphone start at m.cisco.com. We’re treating this like a “Beta” — primarily because we are still working on table treatments — and tuning every day. But I know you’ll find a lot to like here when you’re on the go.
Tags: cisco.com, mobile, products, usability
The Global Certification Team (GCT) is proud to announce the following additions to the Unified Capabilities Approved Products List (UC APL):
- Cisco ONS 15310-Customer Location (CL) Rel. 9.2.1 TN 1023001, as a Fixed Network Element (F-NE).
- The Cisco ONS 15310-CL SONET Multiservice Platform is an economical, 1-rack unit (1RU)-high delivery platform optimized for use as the last network element—at the customer location (CL)—in a service provider’s network, or for use as an end node in enterprise or campus environments. The Cisco ONS 15310-CL takes advantage of the proven technology pioneered by the Cisco ONS 15454, the industry’s first and leading multiservice optical transport platform.
- Cisco ONS 15310-Metro Access (MA) Rel. 9.2.1 TN 1023002, as a F-NE.
- The Cisco ONS15310-MA is a carrier-class MSPP that efficiently switches Ethernet and TDM traffic for use in metropolitan and regional optical networks. With the flexibility and scalability that allow it to support DS1, DS3/EC1, OC-3 to OC-48 SONET, and Ethernet interfaces, the ONS 15310-MA is already a part of many North American service providers multiservice SONET and next-generation “triple play” and IPTV deployment strategies.
- Cisco ONS 15454 Multiservice Provisioning Platform (MSPP) Rel. 9.2.1 TN 1023003, as a F-NE.
- The Cisco ONS 15454 SONET Multiservice Provisioning Platform (MSPP) provides the functions of multiple network elements in a single platform. It supports common interfaces such as DS-1, DS-3, and EC-1 and data solutions including 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet solutions with OC-3 through OC-192 optical transport bit rates and integrated DWDM wavelengths.
- Cisco ONS 15454 Multiservice Transport Platform (MSTP) Rel. 9.2.1 TN 10230047, as a F-NE.
- The Cisco ONS 15454 Multiservice Transport Platform (MSTP) is the most deployed metropolitan-area (metro) and regional dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) solution in the world featuring two- through eight-degree reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexer (ROADM) technology that enables wavelength provisioning across entire networks and eliminates the need for optical-to-electrical-to-optical (OEO) transponder conversions. The ONS 15454 MSTP interconnects with Layer-2, Layer-3 and storage area network (SAN) devices at rates up to 40 Gbps. It delivers any service type to any network location and supports all DWDM topologies.
The approval document is posted on the UC APL site at the following URL: https://aplits.disa.mil/processAPList.do
Tags: apl, approved, capabilities, certification, defense, dod, list, network, ons, Optical, products, system, UC, unified
Once in awhile, an idea comes along that changes everything.
Well, this isn’t one of those ideas. But after 25 episodes of Partner Update, perseverance has to count for something.
The goal of Partner Update was simple: create a short, five-minute newscast that would get partners up to speed on the latest Cisco headlines. While our first go at it was nearly unwatchable, the newscast has grown and evolved and now features a varied medley of news, partner interviews, highlights, and updates.
Of course, Partner Update isn’t just for our partners, it’s about our partners. During our 25 episode stint, we’ve highlighted dozens of extraordinary Cisco partner achievements, from new data centers, to social media campaigns, to cool gadgets and products. We’ve even featured your tweets, videos, and Facebook posts.
Here’s a short trip down Partner Update memory lane featuring partner interviews, bloopers, highlights, and behind-the-scenes footage.
Did you miss an episode or want to suggest something for us to cover? Read More »
Tags: architectures, Cisco, data center, facebook, partner update, partners, products, recap, social media, tweet