In our weekly review call for the Cisco Cyber Risk Report for March 26-April 1, 2012 we discussed the incident of the JetBlue mid-air emergency incident. The incident has been widely reported, but a short summary is that the pilot was reportedly acting irrationally, which caused the co-pilot to lock him out of the cockpit and led to the crew and passengers having to subdue him until the aircraft could be landed and authorities removed the pilot. While the investigation of this incident continues, there have also been several of these types of incidents. A review of the incident raised several security questions with us over the incident response policies and procedures.
Physical security has March Madness. And you might get it too, if you manage Cisco UCS and run video surveillance applications. Or if you attended ISC West this week in Vegas, where virtualization was all the buzz.
Our hot news is the virtualization of video surveillance on Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS). This has potentially profound implications on two big operational costs: data center management and safety and security operations.
Cisco Video Surveillance helps public sector organizations transform the way they protect people, property and critical infrastructure
- Urban security, city surveillance, national security, critical infrastructure, and large public events
- Disaster recovery and first responder
- Safe and secure colleges and universities
Cisco Video Surveillance on Unified Computing System also delivers:
- Rapid provisioning from 8 weeks to 15 minutes
- Reduced infrastructure costs, faster disaster recovery and deployment, reduced staffing needs and cooling costs
- Improved performance, scalability, agility and manageability
If you didn’t get a chance to visit Australia, perhaps next year. Here’s some nice photos from the CiscoLive show floor.
• Cisco Video Surveillance helps public sector organizations transform the way they protect people, property and critical infrastructure
o Urban security, city surveillance, national security, critical infrastructure, and large public events
o Disaster recovery and first responder
o Safe and secure colleges and universities
• Hyper-scalable (tens of thousands of cameras), hyper-flexible
• Rapid provisioning from 8 weeks to 15 minutes
• Reduced infrastructure costs, faster disaster recovery and deployment, reduced staffing needs and cooling costs
• Improved performance, scalability, agility and manageability
- CiscoLive Australia http://www.cisco.com/web/ANZ/cisco-live/index.html
Check out some photos from the live event in Australia!
- Cisco Physical Security at CiscoLive http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le21/le22/cisco_live_anz_popup.html
- Video for Public Safety and Justice: Five Strategies to Stretch Government Budgets http://tinyurl.com/7rskd5e http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6918/ps9145/ps9154/10_good_reasons_to_consider_financing.pdf, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6918/ps9145/ps9154/10_good_reasons_to_consider_financing.pdf
- Cisco Global Government www.cisco.com/go/government
- Cisco Global Education www.cisco.com/go/education
- Cisco Global Healthcare www.cisco.com/go/healthcare
- Cisco Public Safety and Security http://www.cisco.com/web/strategy/government/safe_secure.html http://tinyurl.com/8xkhe32
- Cisco Physical Security: www.cisco.com/go/physec
- Cisco UCS www.cisco.com/go/ucs
The Enterprise Video team is on the move again, this time to Cisco Live Melbourne!
Cisco Live Melbourne runs March 20-23 at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
You can catch Enterprise Video demos in multiple areas of the World of Solutions.
For starters, check out the main Cisco area will feature the latest in Cisco Digital Signage, including signs with touch interactivity, as well as kiosk-based signs with endless aisle applications.
Next, head over to the Collaboration area, which features the latest in integration across our video content solution with new ways to capture, transform and share video. Be sure to stop by this demo following Rob Lloyd’s keynote, as we will be “pulsing” it just like we did for Cisco Live London!