In March, I make an annual journey from Dallas to Orlando – not to visit that famous mouse or take a Spring break. No, I am there with thousands of IT, telecom, and networking professionals who have descended upon Orlando to attend Enterprise Connect, the leading conference and expo on enterprise communications and collaboration.
This year, both Jimmy Ray and Robb (along with the amazing TechWiseTV crew) joined me to capture all of the excitement, announcements, and cool demos.
If you missed the conference, don’t fret. We have all of the highlights here!
First, I caught up with Rob Lloyd immediately after his keynote to get the scoop on the Internet of Everything and how it will impact businesses.
Read More »
Tags: be6K, business edition 6000, desk phone, dx650, Internet of Everything, internet of things, ip endpoints, Phones, Prime Collaboration, SIP, Smart phone, TechWiseTV, TelePresence, video, WebEX, WebRTC
Which tool is more important: a stud finder or a hex wrench? You don’t need to be terribly tool-savvy to know there’s a place and a time for each to shine; a stud finder would come in handy to hang a heavy shelf but be useless when adjusting a bike derailleur.
When it comes to employee collaboration, the “go-to tools” are multiplying as the workspace is changing. Some employees still do the bulk of their work from behind a desk at company headquarters; others split their time between the office and more on-the-go locales; still others need “full mobility” with access to the best software collaboration offerings available so work can happen in coffee shops, airplanes, hotel rooms—wherever. To support these shifts in the way work gets done, Cisco announced some big changes to its unified communications licensing scheme this week at its virtual sales conference, GSX.
With today’s announcement, Cisco is now:
- offering software-only licensing. Prior to this, getting Cisco unified communications meant acquiring a license and a Cisco phone. No more; now, Cisco’s UC offerings can be managed and deployed as a true software platform. While many will still choose to start with a hardware phone, others will choose another device, like a PC, a tablet or even a smartphone as their main communication and collaboration tool. It is now up to you. Read More »
Tags: Cisco, Cisco Jabber, jabber, licenses, licensing, Phones, UC, unified communications, WebEx Social
The Cisco Global Certification Team (GCT) is proud to announce the completion of USGv6 and ReadyLogo Phase 2 certifications for the following Cisco products:
- 4500-SUP7E USGv6 and ReadyLogo Phase 2
- ISR-G2 IPSec ReadyLogo Phase 2
- Linksys E4200 USGv6 and ReadyLogo Phase 2
- 79xx IP Phone USGv6 and ReadyLogo Phase 2
- ACE4710 USGv6 and ReadyLogo Phase 2
- ACE 30 blade for 6500 USGv6 and ReadyLogo Phase 2
- ACE 30 blade for 7600 USGv6 and ReadyLogo Phase 2
- Sx200 SOHO switch USGv6 and ReadyLogo Phase 2
- Sx300 SOHO switch USGv6 and ReadyLogo Phase 2
- ASR1K ReadyLogo USGv6 (retest) and ReadyLogo Phase 2
Read More »
Tags: 79xx, ACE, ASR1K, Cisco, g2, ip, IPv6, ISR, Phones, ReadyLogo, USGv6