As we shared with you at Partner Summit, there’s a huge opportunity for growth and profit for our partners in the midmarket. Together with you, we have vast opportunities to develop our business in that segment–in fact, Cisco’s research indicates there are 1.4M midsize companies, with a total addressable market (TAM) of $25B for technology and $30B TAM for services by 2016.
Our goal is to build and maintain the world’s best partner ecosystem to drive our success in the mid-market, which is critical to accelerating our mutual profitable growth. To help fuel that growth, I’m pleased to announce that in FY14, the Partner Led and Global Virtual Sales teams will come together as one organization, under the leadership of John Donovan. John is an 18-year Cisco veteran with experience in leading businesses in Enterprise, Commercial and Channels. John will focus his team on continuing to innovate our global virtual approach, while scaling and accelerating our Partner Led model in FY14. Read More »
We estimate there are approximately 1.4M potential mid-size and large customers globally. Reaching them with the right message and the right offerings at the right time is not trivial, nor is it something that just luckily happens. It takes a good understanding of the sales cycle and most importantly the knowledge of how to start the conversation around business planning and strategy. There is lots of new business to be won and Cisco is committed to your success with these customers. Cisco’s new Partner Led Sales Excellence Training can set you on the right path.
Effective business planning is an important value that we bring to the customer. A roadmap and a list of recommendations helps customers make strategic decisions across their organization without having to piece together all the offerings and connect all the dots themselves. That level of planning and consulting ultimately secures your place as a trusted advisor with the customer.
The new Partner Led Sales Excellence Training Modules help you get started. Read More »
Cisco’s commitment to its channel partners takes another step forward at the Cisco Asia Pacific, Japan and Greater China (APJC) Partner Led Network 2012 event in Bangkok, Thailand, this week. With over 300 channel partners who focus on the mid-market and small business segments gathering from all around the region, Cisco has made each and everyone of them the focus of attention.
Andrew Sage, vice president for Cisco’s Worldwide Partner Led and Bastiaan Toeset, director of Partner Led for the APJC Partner Business Group, took some time off their preparations for the event to give you a preview of what’s to come.
Look out for more updates on this event on this blog and on twitter at the hash tag #ciscopln2012
We’ve just formally kicked off our new fiscal year and, last week, we completed our annual global sales meeting where John Chambers, Rob Lloyd, and the Cisco leadership team charged up our sales organization around the Next Cisco.
So what does the Next Cisco mean to our partners?
One message that I want you to hear loud and clear is that partners are, and will continue to be, an integral part of our strategy.
Here in the United States, many kids are beginning a new school year, so I thought I a quick math lesson would help me illustrate the value partners bring and what’s happening here at Cisco.
Watch this short video for my math lesson to help you better understand what’s changing, what’s not, and how Cisco, along with our partners, adds up to success.
Keep reading for more details on my math lesson. Read More »
Your profitability is a top priority for us at Cisco. In fact, we are increasing our investments in our partner incentive and profitability programs in Fiscal Year 2012 to help you not only drive profitable growth, but also to evolve your businesses.
With your input, we frequently refine our incentive and profitability programs to help you stay at the forefront of the industry and enhance your relevancy to customers. FY12 is no exception. Here’s a list of what’s new.
• We are rolling out the Teaming Incentive Program (TIP) globally to offer Cisco partners an opportunity to realize higher margins in deals where they team with Cisco.
• We are streamlining the Opportunity Incentive Program (OIP) to make it easier and faster for partners to receive approval on deal registration, and therefore, boost adoption and opportunity for higher margins for partners.
• We are simplifying the Technology Migration Program (TMP) and expanding competitive trade-in product recognition for easier quoting purposes.
• We are adding incentives to the recently announced Cisco Cloud Partner Program to help partners monetize the rapidly growing cloud market opportunities.
• We are building new incentives, which will be announced later in FY12, to reward our partners for actively participating in the new Partner Led go-to-market model.
• We are refreshing our ground breaking profitability program – the Cisco Value Incentive Program (VIP) – to meet changing customer and market demands and ultimately to help partners successfully evolve their practices as the industry moves forward. Read More »