Cisco UCS B460 M4
I’ve heard it said that CIO’s like their ERP systems the same way they like their cars: big, fast and German. Setting nationalities aside, IT pros craving more horsepower for something like SAP HANA need look no further than our UCS B460 M4 and C460 M4 servers, which now supports Intel’s new Xeon E7v3 processor family.
You may wonder why news like this is this important in an age where hardware is so often taken for granted. The answer is speed, in two flavors:
- Faster Applications
- Fast IT
Organizations across the spectrum are working to become intelligence-driven throughout their operations, in real time, in order to create a perpetual and renewable competitive edge. Taking a long-term view in choosing the right infrastructure accomplish this important. Here are two reasons why:
- You never hear about an analytic environment getting smaller. Massive increases in data volume mean these environments inevitably grow. For many, this will mean continuously expanding clusters of hundreds or thousands of servers for scale-out big data apps and bringing in ever-larger systems for the scale-up, in-memory analytics.
- Data is the lifeblood of the digital enterprise. As the use of big data becomes pervasive and critical to day-to-day decision-making, the performance and predictability of these computing platforms will become increasingly paramount to success. So too will be the speed at which they can be deployed and expanded. You want to choose partners and technology you can trust.
Read More »
Tags: analytics, Big Data, data center, Fast IT, Oracle, SAP, Servers, UCS, Xeon
Ready to learn about Trove? Oh, sure–you know it’s OpenStack’s database project. But do you really know what it does?
Amrith Kumar is the founder and CEO of Tesora, and on OpenStack Podcast #26, he sat down with us to talk about Trove, Tesora, and the database applications they work with. Specifically, he covered:
- What Trove does well
- Who is using it
- How it interacts with other OpenStack projects
- Why the hardware matters when it comes to databases
- What Tesora does
- How Trove is changing the way data analysts make decisions
- Why OpenStack is a wonderful teaching tool
To see who we’re interviewing next, or to sign-up for the OpenStack Podcast, check out the show schedule! Interested in participating? Tweet us at @nextcast and @nikiacosta.
For a full transcript of the interview, click read more below.
Read More »
Tags: Amrith Kumar, Cassandra, database, Mongo, MySQL, Niki Acosta, OpenStack, Oracle, Tesora, Trove
You know the code, “what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas”. I’m breaking it. I’ll be joining my Cisco colleagues for COLLABORATE 15 in Las Vegas, but will be sharing all the good stuff we have planned. Even worse, I’ll be taking pictures.
Before you judge, take note of what I’ll be sharing (you would too).
Cisco UCS has earned 37 world records running Oracle database and workloads. Want blazing performance for Oracle E-Business Suite and PeopleSoft without breaking the bank? Cisco UCS delivers. Seriously, this kind of news can’t stay in Vegas.
I’m also looking forward to the preconference bootcamp on Oracle Virtualization and Licensing on April 12th. Dave Welch, CTO and Chief Evangelist with House of Brick Technologies will be joined by Cisco’s John McAbel for a 4 hour deep-dive to help you plan your Oracle deployments and lower licensing costs. Here’s a secret registration tip, send an email to email@example.com to add the bootcamp to your schedule.
Read More »
Tags: data center, Oracle, UCS, Women in Technology
Cisco is pleased to announce the latest version of the UCS Manager Plug-In for Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c (OEM). This new version (220.127.116.11.0) is posted on the Cisco Communities website. The plug-in provides health monitoring and status checking.
Read More »
Tags: B-Series, C-Series, Cisco UCS, Oracle, Oracle Enterprise Manager, UCS Manager
The JD Edwards Summit brings together over 700 business partners from around the world for a week of product updates, industry discussions and intense training. A number of vendors were asked to present solutions that are specific to this customer base. Cisco and Nimble Storage presented the UCS Mini based SmartStack solution where the entry configuration is street priced at $79,500 and supports up to 1400 concurrent users. Read More »
Tags: CS300, JD Edwards, nimble storage, Oracle, UCS Mini