Melinda Emerson, aka “SmallBizLady” is a veteran entrepreneur; small business expert and social media coach who specializes in helping small businesses thrive. Today hosted a WebEx offering tips for using video to help grow your business.
Watch her on-demand webinar on using video for your business.
Why should you use video?
Here are a few interesting stats about video Melinda shared with us:
- Online video is expected to grow 55% this year and is the top format for content marketing.
- Videos have a 41% higher click-through rate than plain text context.
- 58% of consumers ages 18-34 who follow brands on social media would watch a video posted by that brand.
- 57% of Smartphone users polled say they’ve streamed video on mobile.
- Videos are integral to the success of any SEO strategy.
- 90% of web traffic is predicted to be video by 2014.
With all that good news, there’s one important point Melinda makes about using video: don’t waste people’s time. To be effective, keep it short. 88% of people say they would watch a video that educated them for at least one minute.
Use video to create a deeper relationship with your customer.
|1. Blog content.||5. Video training.||9. Live video streaming.|
|2. Customer testimonials.||6. Interviews.||10. Webinars.|
|3. Product demos.||7. Commercials.||11. Viral video.|
|4. Email video.||8. Video news release (VNR).||12. Product reviews.|
Melinda went on to explain how to create videos that are interesting to customers. Read More »