Our latest TechWiseTV episode is all about the recent announcements rolling out from the Data Center team. We did our best to cram a few handpicked things we liked and give you the detail we thought it deserved. The theme, and the show title: Evolutionary Fabric, Revolutionary Scale.
The announcements include the most scalable 10 Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2/Layer 3 Fabric in the industry. The claim is that no matter how diverse your data center demands may be, Cisco offers unparalleled abilities to arm you with efficiency, agility, innovation and differentiation. So no matter your form factor, physical, virtual or cloud- based environments are all positively impacted with an industry leading fabric-based approach.
Filled with geeky goodness….look at what you will find!
- 2nd gen Nexus 7000 with revolutionary new scale
- FabricPath, Adapter FEX, and VM FEX support on Nexus 5500
- New FEX switch and B22 OEM program
- Expansions to Nexus 3000 family
- IN YOUR FACE COMPETITIVE! Don’t miss the final segment of the show…Jimmy Ray calls out HP, Juniper, Arista….”I showed you mine, now show me yours!”
Watch the entire thing after the jump.
Tags: 2000, 5000, 5500, 7000, 7009, adapter fex, arista, b22, blade, cloud, data center, DC, extender, f2, fabric, Fabric Path, fabric2, FabricPath, fex, HP, nexus, NX-OS, nxos, scale, techwisetc, VM-FEX
The GCT is proud to announce that the Nexus 5K/2K running software version NX-OS v5.0(3)N1(1c), ACS v5.2 P3 has been Common Criteria certified at EAL4+, Cert # 10384. More Details can Be found at http://goo.gl/QXyWz
The evaluation was based around the Nexus 5000 Series Switch with 2000 Series Fabric Extenders and Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS) solution.
Tags: 2000, 5.0(3)Ni(1c), 5000, ACS, CC, Common, Common Criteria, criteria, Ne, nexus, NX, NX-OS
As the Nexus platform has become a staple in the data center environment, securing the environment begins with the Nexus Operating System (NX-OS). The recently published NX-OS hardening guide seeks to deliver on that. The Cisco NX-OS Hardening Guide provides information to help administrators and engineers secure NX-OS system devices, inherently increasing the overall security of a network environment. With the ever-increasing opportunity for exploits and vulnerabilities to prevail, it is imperative that organizations adopt and apply best practices to harden their infrastructure devices. We all know that an environment is only as strong as the weakest link, thus every effort should be made to ensure that each device is hardened.
Read More »
Tags: best practices, hardening guides, NX-OS, security
Over the last few months, the big trend in Cloud Computing has been a dramatic shift from “talking” to “building”. Companies in every industry are taking the next steps to deploy their strategies to deliver more efficient IT services for their business, with the goal of delivering the services in the best possible manner regardless of the source (Private Cloud, Public Cloud service, Hybrid capabilities).
But companies looking to deploy Cloud Computing or expand their existing footprint face several challenges:
- How to deal with on-going support for legacy applications (such as this or this) while beginning to deploy new virtualized or cloud-based applications?
- How to ensure consistent levels of Security, Auditing, Compliance, and Quality of Service across the range of applications (old and new)?
- How to build out Cloud Computing infrastructure in a way that is consistent and able to easily grow as demand grows?
- How to deal with potential migration from one source of services (internal or external) to another without having to completely re-architecture the underlying infrastructure?
- How to deal with concerns about stability of external Cloud Computing services that are outside of their control?
Tags: Big Data, Business Ready, Client-Server, Cloud Computing, Hybrid Cloud, nexus, NX-OS, private cloud, virtualization