Aamer Ahkter, Technical Marketing Engineer from the Cisco Medianet team, recently led an hour-long webinar presentation hosted by ActionPacked! Networks, a Cisco Developer Network (CDN) registered partner. The title of the webinar presentation is “Optimizing Networks for Video, Voice, and Data.”
ActionPacked! Networks has posted the entire one-hour recording of the webinar on YouTube. Those wanting a more detailed overview of Cisco Medianet technologies from a leading Cisco SME should be sure to check out this excellent and insightful presentation.
Read More »
Tags: ActionPacked, business video, flow metadata, IPSLA VO, Media Awareness, media monitoring, medianet, mediatrace, MSI, msp, NBAR2, performance monitor, rich media applications, video
The medianet team recently added a Cisco Medianet Playlist to the Cisco YouTube channel. The playlist archives videos produced by the medianet team over the last few years and will be updated as new videos are created.
Check out the video playlist here: Cisco Medianet Playlist.
Medianet is Cisco’s recommended best practice architecture for video and collaboration. Medianet simplifies and reduces the cost of deploying and managing video and collaboration applications, with features that help you perform faster troubleshooting and enhance the quality of user experience end- to-end. The videos in the playlist will help you learn more about Cisco Medianet features and technologies through general overview videos and technology demos.
Read More »
Tags: autoconfiguration, business video, flow metadata, IPSLA VO, Media Awareness, media monitoring, media services interface, media services proxy, medianet, mediatrace, MSI, msp, NBAR2, performance monitor, rich media applications, video
The medianet team has recently developed the Cisco Medianet 2.4 Deployment Guide to help you understand how the Cisco Medianet 2.4 feature set can be deployed to solve two common customer-defined use cases associated with rich-media deployments:
- Getting Visibility
- Ensuring Quality of Service (QoS)
Flow Metadata, Media Services Proxy (MSP), Network Based Application Recognition 2 (NBAR2), and the Medianet Services Interface (MSI) are the Cisco Medianet 2.4 features focused on in this guide.
Read More »
Tags: business video, flow metadata, media services interface, media services proxy, medianet, MSI, msp, NBAR2, rich media applications, video
There are many challenges IT managers face on a daily basis. As the proliferation of user devices and the growth in business, personal and collaborative applications continue to grow, almost exponentially, these challenges only make the job of an IT manager harder. For instance, imagine what goes through the mind of an IT administrator who is responsible for helping a hospital and medical school get a handle on device and application growth and usage:
- Is a guest or patient downloading movies using Bit-Torrent –in other words, stealing valuable airtime away from my mission-critical applications?
- My network supports a mixed use of guests, employees and vendors/doctors. Without prioritizing applications on the network, employees risk losing productivity and response time to patients, insurance providers, labs. Can I prioritize business-class applications such as Cisco Webex/Jabber and de-prioritize the applications such as Netflix?
- Who are my top 10 users and the top 10 upstream and downstream applications? Can I save a detailed report of all application flows in my network for compliance purposes?
- The number of devices, number of users is exploding, and use of video is growing 50% year over year. Should I add more access points in my auditorium or conference room areas? Or should I upgrade to 802.11ac for more capacity?
Enter Cisco Application Visibility Control(AVC) integrated into wireless infrastructure.
Read More »
Tags: application, application visibility, Application Visibility and Control, bandwidth, cleanair, NBAR2, spectrum