Next Thursday you don’t want to miss a live technical webcast with Q&A on the hot topic of Wi-Fi location-based services. Join Techwise tech legend Jimmy Ray Purser and technical marketing engineer lead Darryl Sladden for a deep technical discussion covering the ins and outs of Cisco’s Mobility Services Engine – the intelligence engine in the Cisco Wi-Fi network that enables Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences functionality.
You’ll get a full, hands-on view of four pieces of the solution and see how it all ties into your Wi-Fi network:
- Location detection – how Cisco’s Wi-Fi infrastructure detects mobile devices and calculates their location
- Analytics – how the MSE aggregates and reports Wi-Fi location data and trends to administrators and operations leads so that they can better understand guest behavior
- APIs – how Cisco’s Mobility Services APIs provide application developers rich, contextual information they can use to create a variety of internally and externally-facing apps
- Maps – a use case of how Cisco uses it’s own Wi-Fi location-based services inside the organization to increase efficiency and employees get to where they need to go
This is an in-depth session you won’t want to miss. Register now and mark your calendars for December 12!
Tags: analytics, API, cmx, connected mobile experiences, location, location detection, location services, location-based, map, mobile, mobility, Techwise, wi-fi, wifi, wireless
Dreamhack Winter 2013 in the small city of Jonkoping in central Sweden claims to be the world’s largest digital event. I was skeptical at first, but when I arrived for the event, I was completely amazed at the scale of things in this tiny part of the world where its only bright for 5 or 6 hours during day this time of the year.
Of course, the amount of daylight didn’t impact one bit the large numbers of people streaming into the event venue well before opening time on Thursday afternoon.
Read More »
Tags: analytics, Connected, connected mobile experiences, connectivity, Dreamhack, innovation, internet, jonkoping, location, location analytics, location based services, Millennial, mobile, mobility, network, platform, telia, wi-fi, wi-fi location, wifi, wireless
It’s hard to believe that over eight years have passed since I started working with Cisco. Along the way, I learned so much from peers, the industry, and about myself. As I get ready to pursue a new adventure outside of Cisco, I wanted to share some key learnings I think may be helpful to other digital and social media professionals and give a shout out to a few people!
Top 5 Learnings for Digital and Social Media Professionals
Top 5 Learnings for Any Digital and Social Media Professional
- Carve out an individual online persona that is true to yourself and is relatable to the audience.
- We all have expertise to offer in our roles and throughout the socialsphere. Share this knowledge and make an impact in a collaborative way. It may take time, so patience is a must. Look for ways to share and interact with others, where ever its most comfortable for you. (I personally find LinkedIn, Twitter, blogging, and Pinterest to help me create and develop these relationships.) Read More »
Tags: Cisco, ciscosmt, content marketing, digital, education, Executive, information-sharing, learning, mentoring, mobile, social, social learning, social media, social media strategies, social networking, training
#Ciscosmt November 21st Twitter Chat
Thank you to everyone that participated in the Let’s Chat! #Ciscosmt Series 2014 Digital and Social Media Trends Twitter chat. What a lively discussion and a special thanks to our guest Molly McHugh (@iammollymchugh), Web and Social Section Editor at @DigitalTrends. She really helped outline trends we should watch out for in several key areas from the way we use social media channels to impact of big data.
Check out this transcript and let us know your viewpoints for 2014 digital and social media trends! And stay tuned for more 2014 #Ciscosmt activity details by following the Cisco Digital and Social blog and the #Ciscosmt hashtag!
Let’s Chat! #Ciscosmt Series: Engaging Employees in Social Media Twitter Chat Transcript Read More »
Tags: 2014, Big Data, Cisco, ciscosmt, content marketing, digital, education, Executive, information-sharing, learning, Listening, measurement, mentoring, mobile, social, social learning, social media, social media strategies, social networking, training, trends
I recently had the honor to speak at the Wi-Fi Global Congress in Beijing. As evident by the more than 400 people in attendance, the importance and relevance of Wi-Fi continues to grow. The Wireless Broadband Alliance now has over 100 members, a doubling in less than 2 years. The membership includes a mix of leading Wi-Fi, mobile, and broadband network operators; global service providers and media players; as well as technology providers and partners.
I took away six key messages from this exciting conference:
- Next Generation Hotspots is Alive and Well. One of the most exciting things at the conference was the launch of the live NGH Experience with China Mobile as the host operator and Cisco as the network infrastructure provider. Attendees with a Samsung Galaxy or iPhone 5 could experience the first ever opportunity to seamlessly and automatically connect to the venue Wi-Fi. Participants also received valuable conference information and services seamlessly delivered to their mobile device through NGH. This is just the beginning. With 15 major carriers (and growing) signed up to deploy NGH, mobile users throughout the world will be able to experience the next generation of Wi-Fi early in 2014.
- Wi-Fi Roaming is Becoming a Reality. Several speakers described roaming as being where cellular roaming was 15 to 20 years ago. However, with the successful launch and upcoming deployment of NGH, seamless roaming amongst carriers is now becoming a reality. Indeed, the GSM Association recently approved a Wi-Fi Roaming Annex that will make it easy for mobile operators to support this. As such, the WBA expects roaming to be fully automated across more than 80% of public Wi-Fi networks by 2018.
- Wi-Fi is an Important Part of the Mobile Network. The world’s largest mobile operator, Read More »
Tags: Cisco, mobile, mobile roaming, monetization, next generation hotspot, Service Provider, wi-fi, wireless broadband alliance