When a person is considered tech-savvy and “always-connected” in their day-to-day life, these expectations don’t change when they stay in a hotel. In fact, this new “connected hotel guest” actually expects the same mobile experience at hotels that they receive at home or work. Hoteliers across the world are constantly trying to find ways to meet the increasing needs of the mobile-connected guest. Previously, hotel Wi-Fi was used primarily for guests and staff connectivity, but now, it’s becoming much more than that because of these guests’ needs. Read More »
Next Thursday you don’t want to miss a live technical webcast with Q&A on the hot topic of Wi-Fi location-based services. Join Techwise tech legend Jimmy Ray Purser and technical marketing engineer lead Darryl Sladden for a deep technical discussion covering the ins and outs of Cisco’s Mobility Services Engine – the intelligence engine in the Cisco Wi-Fi network that enables Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences functionality.
You’ll get a full, hands-on view of four pieces of the solution and see how it all ties into your Wi-Fi network:
- Location detection – how Cisco’s Wi-Fi infrastructure detects mobile devices and calculates their location
- Analytics – how the MSE aggregates and reports Wi-Fi location data and trends to administrators and operations leads so that they can better understand guest behavior
- APIs – how Cisco’s Mobility Services APIs provide application developers rich, contextual information they can use to create a variety of internally and externally-facing apps
- Maps – a use case of how Cisco uses it’s own Wi-Fi location-based services inside the organization to increase efficiency and employees get to where they need to go
This is an in-depth session you won’t want to miss. Register now and mark your calendars for December 12!
Dreamhack Winter 2013 in the small city of Jonkoping in central Sweden claims to be the world’s largest digital event. I was skeptical at first, but when I arrived for the event, I was completely amazed at the scale of things in this tiny part of the world where its only bright for 5 or 6 hours during day this time of the year.
Of course, the amount of daylight didn’t impact one bit the large numbers of people streaming into the event venue well before opening time on Thursday afternoon.
Tags: analytics, Connected, connected mobile experiences, connectivity, Dreamhack, innovation, internet, jonkoping, location, location analytics, location based services, Millennial, mobile, mobility, network, platform, telia, wi-fi, wi-fi location, wifi, wireless
It’s hard to believe that over eight years have passed since I started working with Cisco. Along the way, I learned so much from peers, the industry, and about myself. As I get ready to pursue a new adventure outside of Cisco, I wanted to share some key learnings I think may be helpful to other digital and social media professionals and give a shout out to a few people!
Top 5 Learnings for Any Digital and Social Media Professional
- Carve out an individual online persona that is true to yourself and is relatable to the audience.
- We all have expertise to offer in our roles and throughout the socialsphere. Share this knowledge and make an impact in a collaborative way. It may take time, so patience is a must. Look for ways to share and interact with others, where ever its most comfortable for you. (I personally find LinkedIn, Twitter, blogging, and Pinterest to help me create and develop these relationships.) Read More »
Tags: Cisco, ciscosmt, content marketing, digital, education, Executive, information-sharing, learning, mentoring, mobile, social, social learning, social media, social media strategies, social networking, training
Thank you to everyone that participated in the Let’s Chat! #Ciscosmt Series 2014 Digital and Social Media Trends Twitter chat. What a lively discussion and a special thanks to our guest Molly McHugh (@iammollymchugh), Web and Social Section Editor at @DigitalTrends. She really helped outline trends we should watch out for in several key areas from the way we use social media channels to impact of big data.
Check out this transcript and let us know your viewpoints for 2014 digital and social media trends! And stay tuned for more 2014 #Ciscosmt activity details by following the Cisco Digital and Social blog and the #Ciscosmt hashtag!
Let’s Chat! #Ciscosmt Series: Engaging Employees in Social Media Twitter Chat Transcript Read More »
Tags: 2014, Big Data, Cisco, ciscosmt, content marketing, digital, education, Executive, information-sharing, learning, Listening, measurement, mentoring, mobile, social, social learning, social media, social media strategies, social networking, training, trends