The holiday season which began with Cyber Monday on December 2nd 2013 has just ended and analyzing the impact on mobile commerce sales and location based services unveils some very interesting trends.
Firstly, at the macro level:
- Online shopping increased in the USA in 2013 by over 16% compared to 2012.
- From a mobility perspective, almost a third of all online sales (29%) were made from Smartphones or Tablets.
Clearly there are changes in the online marketplace, but in order to examine this a little further, let’s look at a few key questions to help understand what is happening in this marketplace:
- What are the major trends?
- Is mobile commerce just a US phenomenon?
- What impact does location based services have?
- Where are the main benefits coming from analytics?
- How is privacy fitting in to all this and how is the attitude of mobile consumers evolving?
Trends 2013: Read More »
Tags: analytics, Android, Cyber Monday, ecommerce, IOS, iphone, lbs, location, location based services, location-based, mcommerce, mobile, mobile commerce, mobile consumers, mobile device, mobile traffic, mobility, NRF, online shopping, privacy, smartphone, trends, wi-fi, wifi, wireless