Is interactive video an important business tool for your organisation? If yes, then read on.
Medianet is an architecture that Cisco often talks about and it seems like it’s been around for ages (well 5 years to be exact), but its true value is often obscured by complex diagrams and techno speak that Cisco engineers (like myself) love. So what exactly is the benefit of EX90 TE6 MSI firmware delivering Medianet metadata to an Access Layer Catalyst 4500? How does the combination of MSI, metadata, perfmon and Mediatrace save you time and money? Unless you have a degree in Cisco acronyms this might be hard to answer!
What I’m going to attempt in this short blog is to try and translate the Medianet architectural jargon into the potential cost savings that Medianet offers customers who deploy our video endpoints and applications over a Read More »
Tags: business video, Cisco, collaboration, enterprise networks, medianet, TelePresence, video
I am just so excited for Cisco Live US next week! As we give the final touches to our demos and presentations, I am already thinking about what to pack. (Yes, you read my mind – which shoes should I bring? How many pairs do I need? Oh, and how will my hair behave with the humidity? :-))
Joking aside, one thing I know for sure: it will be hot in Orlando! Outside the conference center as well as in the booths of the medianet CDN partners!
As you visit the World of Solutions, please make sure to stop at the booths of our CDN partners. They will be showcasing medianet solutions and you can see first-hand how their great tools bring to life the medianet capabilities to help your organization with deployment, management, troubleshooting and improving quality of experience of video and collaboration deployments.
- ActionPacked! Networks booth #201:
- Besides all the great features in their product LiveAction 3.0, they will be showing their support of Cisco MSI API which allows the identification and monitoring for MSI capable endpoints. Read More »
Tags: business video, cdn, Cisco, enterprise networks, medianet, rich media applications, video
A few weeks ago, I mentioned that the Cisco Medianet Team will be hosting a customer panel at Cisco Live Orlando. As the event draws near, here is a broader preview of the Cisco Medianet sessions that will be offered there:
- Sunday, Jun 23, 9:30AM -- 10:30AM – CDN Developer Forum – Medianet: Managing and Monitoring Video and Collaboration Applications and Endpoints – Patricia Costa
- Monday, Jun 24, 10:00 AM -- 12:00 PM – BRKRST-2512 – Validating QoS using Medianet Media Awareness -- Technical Breakout – 2 hours – Michael O’Brien and Eric Yu
- Monday, Jun 24, 1:00 PM -- 5:00 PM – LTREVT-2300 – Enterprise Medianet: Video Applications and Network Design Lab – Lab: Instructor-Led – 4 hours – Aamer Akhter, Ana Andrijic, and Jianzhu Zhang
- Tuesday, Jun 25, 8:00 AM -- 9:30 AM – BRKCDN-1113 – Enhanced Management of Video with Media Monitoring – Technical Breakout – 90 mins – Aamer Akhter
- Tuesday, Jun 25, 12:30 PM -- 2:30 PM – PNLCOL-2000 – How the Network Improves the Video and Collaboration Experience Across Industries – Panel – 2 hours – PLAMEN Nedeltchev, Ulrica de Fort-Menares, Gary Reynolds, Aamer Akhter, Donald Krtanjek, and Michael Boscia
- Tuesday, Jun 25, 12:30 PM -- 2:30 PM – RKEVT-2807 – Enterprise Video Network Performance Analysis with Medianet – Technical Breakout – 2 hours – Eric Yu and Michael O’Brien
- Tuesday, Jun 25, 3:00 PM -- 4:30 PM – BRKCOL-2343 – Implementing Optimal Video Collaboration with Medianet – Technical Breakout – 90 mins – Jianzhu Zhang and Ana Andrijic
- Wednesday, June 26, 11:30 AM -- 12:30 PM – Cisco Medianet: Managing Enterprise Video or Unifying the Workspace with Jabber, Thin Client and Accessories – Table Topic – Learn more about Table Topics at Cisco Live Orlando here.
- Thursday, Jun 27, 12:30 PM -- 2:00 PM – BRKEVT-2815 – Medianet Traffic and Device Awareness for Intelligent Services – Technical Breakout – 90 mins – Toerless Eckert
Read More »
Tags: business video, Cisco Live Orlando, collaboration, medianet, rich media applications, sessions, video
Cisco Live Orlando is a just little over a month away. And at this year’s event, the Cisco Medianet team will be hosting a much anticipated, highly interactive, customer panel that brings together customers from different industries, all of whom have demonstrated success adopting the Cisco Medianet Architecture to better manage their video and collaboration deployments.
As you start planning what sessions you will be attending at Cisco Live Orlando, don’t miss out on this opportunity to participate in an engaging discussion with industry experts and distinguished Cisco SMEs about trending topics of relevance to the video and collaboration space: for example, balancing business policies with the network, providing confidence in video and collaboration deployments, and integrated application and network technologies.
Also, be sure to stay tuned to the Cisco Medianet Blog for future updates on what the team is planning at Cisco Live Orlando.
We look forward to seeing you there!
See below for more details on the customer panel.
Read More »
Tags: business video, Cisco Live Orlando, collaboration, medianet, rich media applications, video
If you are deploying or managing video and collaboration applications, you might have realized that providing good quality experience for users can quickly become complex and costly as you deploy so many different applications and endpoints from different vendors at the same time in the same infrastructure.
The figure below compares voice and video applications. As you can see, the characteristics of voice applications are very consistent when compared with the different video applications. Different video applications have different bandwidth requirements; traffic is bursty, unpredictable and highly compressed and often available in a variety of form factors from different vendors.
Read More »
Tags: business video, collaboration, enterprise networks, medianet, rich media applications, video