If the start of a New Year is the best time to create new resolutions, then we’re defining our resolution for 2013 to be unity in video experiences. Now that our SP and media customers have deployed services to tablets and IP devices in addition to TVs, the next step is to unify and innovate the video experiences delivered across all screens. Today at CES 2013 in Las Vegas, Cisco introduced Videoscape Unity, the new and expanded Videoscape platform designed to do just this – unify and innovate video experiences. .(We hosted a press conference, carried live across the Internet. If you missed it, a replay is available after 3 p.m. PST by clicking here.) We demonstrated the types of experiences Videoscape Unity can deliver in service provider environments today, and provided a future-looking view of what we are doing to make these even more immersive and engaging.
As an added feature, Marthin De Beer, senior vice president of Cisco’s Video and Collaboration Group, hosted a panel of our customers to talk about and share their visions for “The Future of TV: Above and Beyond TV Everywhere.” Panelists included:
- Len Barlik, executive vice president, chief product officer, Cox Communications
- Bill Bradford, senior vice president, Digital Media, Fox Broadcasting
- Joe Inzerillo, senior vice president, Multimedia and Distribution, Major League Baseball Advanced Media
- Balan Nair, executive vice president, chief technology officer, Liberty Global
- Andrew Olson, director of product planning and design, BSkyB
So what is Videoscape Unity exactly? Read More »