What do you get when you take Cisco’s best-selling campus access switch line, double almost everything (including port density in-stack, stacking bandwidth, buffers and CPU), then make it more secure and simpler to use, all with power-saving capabilities that possibly make it the “greenest” access switch in the industry?
You get a GameChanger
This is exactly what Cisco announced yesterday (June 4th) at our annual Partner Summit event. Cisco is introducing the next generation of its wildly successful Catalyst 2K switches with the new Catalyst 2960-X series of stackable Gigabit Ethernet access switches. Read More »
Tags: 2960, 2960-X, catalyst, Cisco, enterprise networks, GameChanger, Layer 3, New Catalyst 2k, onePK, switch
For many months now, we’ve talked about the Journey to Cloud Computing and how an evolution within your Data Center is needed to make that a reality. In many cases, we looked at this from an application perspective, focused on the interaction between automation, applications, servers, storage and the edges of the network.
But many of you have asked us to provide you a broader understanding of the role the Network plays in the Journey to Cloud Computing. Specifically you’ve asked us to highlight several areas:
- What is Cisco’s perspective and strategy around the usage of multiple types of Cloud Computing (Private, Public, Hybrid, Community) and what is needed from the network to interconnect all these offerings?
- How does my business manage the network transitions needed between today’s applications (often client-server), the virtualization of those application, and next-generation web and big data applications?
- What considerations do we need to make within my Data Center as we try and maximize efficiency and scalability?
- What considerations do we need to make at the edges of our networks when the proliferation of devices is almost out of control?
- Are there ways to protect my network investments while still having the flexibility to deal with the business uncertainties that are around the next corner?
Read More »
Tags: Big Data, Borderless Networks, Cloud Computing, Data Center Fabric, FabricPath, Layer 2, Layer 3, nexus, UCS, virtualization, Web Applications