Norway’s longest running IT conference , IT-tinget concluded yesterday in the beautiful town of Tonsberg about an hour south of Oslo.
The event has been running for 31 years now and is organized and run by Cisco’s partner Evry.
This years theme is “#UserIsKing” , and Cisco hosted a special Retail Break out session along with Evry where Customer Experience and Engagement were the main focus. Read More »
Tags: #userisking, analytics, Cisco, cmx, Conference, customer, device, End User, engage, engagement, evry, experience, innovation, innovative, IT, IT-tinget, lbs, location, location-based, marketplace, mobile, mobility, Norway, retail, scandinavia, service, services, smartphone, technology, user, wi-fi, wifi, wireless
The capacity requirements for Cisco WLANs have held steady over the last decade—until now. The big change is more devices and more video use: Read More »
Tags: capacity, cisco on cisco, coc-enterprise-networks, EN, IT, LAN, mobility, WAN, wireless, wlan
It’s always been important to remote workers to have a solution that provides both secure connectivity to their corporate network and simple user experience.With the recent Summer Blockbuster release of the Cisco Wireless Release 8.0, using the OfficeExtend 600 Series Access Points (OEAP-600) just got better. Here are a few of the enhancements that come to OEAP-600 with Release 8.0:
- Firewall for personal networking – Provides port/application protection for personal network traffic that can be controlled by the end user. While the corporate firewall is protecting your corporate data traffic, you now have the capability to make your personal network traffic more secure also with this feature.
- Split-tunnel for Internet traffic – Enables corporate clients to reach the Internet directly through the WAN instead of tunneling the data traffic through the corporate network. Provides the IT administrator the flexibility to configure the level of split-tunnel capability needed for their network. Together with the existing Split-tunnel for Printer feature the OEAP-600 provides maximum flexibility for printing and managing data traffic between the remote & corporate office.
- QOS Enhancements for Voice traffic – Assigns high priority for voice packets for remote workers using the OEAP-600 and a VOIP solution in their home or remote office to enhance the remote workers voice call experience. Read More »
Tags: access point, admin, administrator, business, call, Cisco, client, connection, corporate, data, employee, End User, enhancement, experience, firewall, flex-work, flexible, internet, ip, IT, Manage, network, office, OfficeExtend, phone, QoS, quality, release 8.0, remote, remote worker, secure, security, services, solution, split-tunnel, telephony, teleworker, traffic, Voice, voice packets, vpn, WAN, wi-fi, wifi, wireless, WLC, workforce
In 2009, the course of data center technology changed forever with the introduction of a groundbreaking architecture designed for IT innovation and business acceleration. With the Unified Computing System, Cisco answered the needs of customers embarking on the industry transition to data center virtualization and cloud. This innovation led Cisco to becoming #1 blade server in Americas in 5 short years.
On September 4th, Cisco will unveil the next wave of Unified Computing innovation to meet the needs of the applications powering The Internet of Everything. As more users seek information in new ways, and as organizations use deeper intelligence to make faster decisions, IT must think differently about data center infrastructure. To meet the needs of customers the power of the data center needs to be everywhere.
Please join us virtually to listen to an exciting group of technology leaders, including Padmasree Warrior, Cisco’s Chief Technology and Strategy Officer, as Cisco delivers a grand slam of innovation. See the unveiling of exciting new systems that are optimized to bring the power of unified computing to applications at every scale. It is the broadest, most powerful array of new computing solutions since Cisco Unified Computing System (#CiscoUCS) first shattered industry convention in 2009.
Learn how Cisco has the right technology and partnerships to help you power data-intensive analytics, applications at the edge, and the next generation of scale-out workloads.
UCS Launch Agenda
Your registration entitles you to view the sessions below:
Keynote Address & UCS Innovation Product Announcements
Featuring Padmasree Warrior
Customer & Technology Solutions Panel
- Data-intensive Analytics in the Internet of Everything (Hosted by Padmasree Warrior, Cisco)
- Next Generation Architecture for Extreme Scale-Out (Hosted by Matt Eastwood, IDC)
Click Here to REGISTER
- Event type: Online Event
- September 4, 2014
- 7:30 AM PDT
- 10:30 AM EDT
- Opening Session: 60 minutes
- Panel Discussions: 120 minutes
Looking for real time updates? Follow us at @CiscoDC and use #UCSGrandSlam to let us know your thoughts.
Tags: 5 Year Anniversay, Cisco, CiscoUCS, IT, launch, NewRelease, products, UCS#1, UCSGrandSlam
The role of IT in the enterprise is transforming. Cisco is creating the next-generation data center and cloud deployments with Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) to simplify and optimize the entire application deployment lifecycle. Read More »
Tags: ACI, cisco on cisco, cloud, coc, coc-data-center, data center, IT, it content, paas