ITD (Intelligent Traffic Director) has been selected in Top 3 finalists in the Best of Interop 2015 Data Center category. ITD Delivers:
- $2 Billion TAM disruptive technology: This technology innovation disrupts today’s $2 Billion TAM for load-balancers, redirection and clustering solutions
- 100x Scale improvement: The high-end load-balancers today can handle about 200Gbps traffic. ITD can load-balance 20Tbps traffic.
- 1000x cost-savings for customers: A 40Gbps L4 load-balancer costs about $200k to customers. ITD provides multi-Tbps load-balancing for a fraction of the price.
- Zero Latency: ITD performs load-balancing, redirection, NAT and access control, all in one-clock cycle in hardware, hence it introduces zero latency.
- 10x OPEX savings : Order of magnitude reduction in configuration, and ease of deployment
- Overall CAPEX savings : Wiring, Power, Rackspace and Cost savings
- 70+ customers interested in deploying within 1 month of shipping.
- 10x High availability : N + M redundancy, health-monitoring and automatic failure handling
- $15 Billion install-base can be leveraged: The technology has humongous market capture potential. It works on existing hardware. $15 Billion install-base of Nexus switches is able to use this technology.
- 30+ patentable ideas: ITD has unprecedented innovations.
Cisco ITD (Intelligent Traffic Director) is a hardware based multi-Tbps Layer 4 load balancing, traffic steering and clustering solution on Nexus 9K/7K/6K/5K series of switches. It supports IP-stickiness, resiliency, NAT, (EFT), VIP, health monitoring, sophisticated failure handling policies, N+M redundancy, IPv4, IPv6, VRF, weighted load-balancing, bi-directional flow-coherency, and IPSLA probes including DNS. There is no service module or external appliance needed.
ITD has a lot of different types of use-cases. Some of these are:
- Create a multi-Tbps Firewall
- Create a multi-Tbps Video-cache
- Firewall/IPS/IDS/WAF load-balancing.
- Web Server load-balancing
- Application server load-balancing
- Replace WCCP. Redirect and Load-balancing traffic to Web-cache, WAAS, WAE
- Traffic steering to VDS/video-cache/Professional Media Network devices
- Load-balance to Hadoop/Big-data cluster.
- load-balancing to mobile equipment
- Load-balancing to Layer 7 load-balancers
- Replace legacy features such as ECMP, port-channel, PBR, etc
Recording of the presentation
Tags: best of interop, Best of Interop 2015, Best of Interop Finalist, Big Data, Cisco, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Nexus 5600, Cisco Nexus 7000, Cisco Nexus 9000, Cisco Nexus Switches, cloud, Cloud Computing, data center, innovation, interop, load balancer, nexus, Nexus 7000, SDN, server load balancer, Service Provider, video
Transforming Cisco switches into highly scalable zero latency load balancers! Cisco Intelligent Traffic Director (ITD) does exactly that and much more!
Cisco ITD has been selected as Best of Interop 2015 finalist in the Data Center Category. Finalists were chosen from nine categories including Data Center, Mobility, SDN and Cloud Technologies.
Cisco Intelligent Traffic Director (ITD) is an innovative solution to bridge the performance gap between a multi-terabit switch and gigabit servers and appliances. It is a hardware based multi-terabit layer 4 load-balancing, traffic steering and clustering solution on the Nexus 9K,7K,6K,5K series of switches. Customers do not have to buy any new hardware. It works on all the existing hardware, linecards and supervisors.
Here are some of the quotes from customers, account teams, industry analysts and architects:
“Great milestone Samar Sharma, Mouli Vytla, Rajendra Kumar Thirumurthi and team! We are very grateful for the work you guys did with pioneering and driving this new solution!”
“ITD helped us scale to 1Tbps of cache traffic in single Nexus 7700 ”
“This feature seems almost too good to be true! I am very excited about it.”
“Customers really enjoyed the time and the subject. They said it was the best presentation of the week at Cisco Live”
“Turns out we likely have a far superior solution in ITD that we can bring to the table. One of our web space principles is ‘state is the enemy of scale’ and ITD aligns very well with this mentality without sacrificing too much flexibility or control. It is still early in our conversations but we are confident that ITD will play a strategic role for scaling services”
Click to find out more! You can also visit Cisco Interop Booth at Interop Las Vegas to find out about Cisco ITD Solution!
Tags: best of interop, Best of Interop 2015, Best of Interop Finalist, Cisco, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Nexus 5600, Cisco Nexus 7000, Cisco Nexus 9000, Cisco Nexus Switches, cloud, Cloud Computing, innovation, interop, load balancer, nexus, Nexus 7000, server load balancer, Service Provider
We are thrilled about the innovative work we’re doing to provide better location-based services for our customer. Our latest innovation, The Cisco Hyperlocation Module, has been selected by UBM as a Best of Interop finalist for the Mobility/Wireless category!
It’s an honor to be recognized for our innovation and technological advancements in wireless, and we wanted to share a bit more about our submission with you.
What is the Cisco Hyperlocation Modules? Read More »
Tags: BLE, Bluethooth Low Energy Beacons, Cisco 3600 series access points, Cisco Aironet 3700, Cisco CMX, Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences, Cisco Hyperlocation, Cisco Mobility, interop, Interop 2015 Finalist, UBM
When we launched UCS Mini back in September, it pushed us into new territory with an exciting offering that bundles servers, storage and networking into a single solution — much like the traditional UCS — but in a smaller form factor. It also allowed Cisco to effectively target branch or remote offices and the mid-market with UCS.
This exciting new venture has been validated by a growing number of customers and we’ve just received another validation today: we’re excited to announce that UCS Mini has been nominated as a finalist for the 2015 Best of Interop Awards!
Read More »
Tags: Best of Interop Finalist, interop, UCS
As the U.S. approaches the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, there are likely more than a few IT folks who are saying thanks for the ISR 4000 Series, and the challenges it has addressed. Over the past year, we’ve had over 1,000 customers deploy the ISR 4000 Series, and the industry has repeatedly validated the positive impact of the platform on the IT and networking community:
• “Best of Networking” Award, Best of Interop in Las Vegas (April 2014)
• “Best of Networking” Award, Best of Interop in Tokyo (June 2014)
• And most recently: “Networking Product of the Year” Award, Tech World (November 2014)
Read More »
Tags: Integrated Services Routers, interop, ISR 4000, router, routing, Tech World, zeus kerravala